GA16DE Engine For Sale

M

Mic_NismoR

I am doing a conversion in my Sunny SR soon (Possible GTi-R Engien FWD) and im going to be selling th GA16DE.

I just recently put it in the car as my old one blew up, due to the big end bearings. (5 min away from garage to get it fixed)

It ihas only done 37k miles, it will come with ecu, loom, Pipercross induction kit, new clutch only 3 months ago and a fully reco'd gear box.

Im just looking to see if anyone is intrested in this and how much there willing to pay.

Michael

RE: GA16DE Engine

Right I am getting my new engine soon and I still have this engine to sell.

The engine has now nearly done 48k miles.

I have just put another clutch in it due to a faulty one by ADL and it has only done 300 miles. (NEW EBC one, uprated preasure plate)

I am the engine, ecu, loom, gearbox (Recon'd 4k Miles ago), driveshafts. It has a pipercross indution kit also i still have the old GA16DE engine which still has parts you can take stuff off of it. The head is till in good condition and also the cam cover, throtlebody and injectors.

I am looking for £250 for the lot.

Michael

im interested mate, where abouts are you based. does anyone know how much work is involved and can give me a bit of info, cheers
dave

it is pee easy dave.

especially into a k11..

offide/ drivers mount needs to be altered. loom doesnt need to be altered at all just splice into temp, oil sensors and reattach
thermo switch
alternator starter and power for coil is all that is really needed to be looked at.
sdo that and your sorted. swap the ECu if u want but it doesnt really matter ne ways as u will be best get a new one ne ways and map it.

I am in Central Scotland, if intrested can try and find a way of getting it to you cheap. Ie meet half way or somthing for the eingine etc.

As quickdraw has said it isn't that much of a job.

The engine runs sweet to, sounds good with a 2.5" full stainless from the manifold back to :devil:

Michael

does that mean youll lend a hand if needed wayne :D seing how your the man to see when dropping ga16de lumps in micras!!!
defo interested mate, ill start askin around and see if a can get a lend of a van or a trailor or sumit to get it picked up!! when you on about taking it out of your car ???

I stay in Grangemouth, it is just besdie Falkirk. (Inbetween Galsgow and Edinburgh)

The engine is still in car, it is coming out in the next 2 weeks.

Michael

aright mate, just noticed something thats confuzzled me! in your first post you said the engine had done 37k with a recently reconed box' and in your second post you said the car had now done 48k and box was reconed 4k ago? the only logical explanation i can think of is you took the box out for 6k of them miles! but doubt it lol!
anyway am definately interested mate, just tryin to sort out a way to collect it!
cheers dave

Sorry about that mate....I bought it with 34k on the clock and it has now done 38k. Sorry about that...my head is up my a** the now wi the collection of ma new car.

Michael

ah thought it might av bin a typo, no need to be sorry mate, 38k sounds a lot better than 48k!!! keep is notified of the removal etc etc. and when the engine will be ready for definate, im sorting out a way of collecting the engine, depending on how well the wages last this month it may have to be after the 25th of feb before i could pick it up as thats when i get paid.
also can anyone suggest what would be useful getting of the knackered engine as spares i was thinking throttle body cus iv heard of quite a few stories of ppls playing up

Attachments

• ga16 on bay.jpg
    ga16 on bay.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 314
  • ga16 on bay 2.jpg
    ga16 on bay 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 414

be best tp keep the engine somewere as u will dip into it a few times.
from waterpumps to vaccuum hoses etc..

wayne

right so what else will i need if anything, do i need to do any mods to driveshafts etc, as i would have thought the sunny ones would be longer, also is any mod to the gear linkage reqd or a larger radiator to keep the engine cool or anything else like that....

the shafts you use the k11 shafts.
but use the ga16 box ends knocked onto the k11 shaft. if that makes sense.lol

yeh i think that makes sense, al just have to go off nicons 200mm clutch guide with regards to the driveshafts, what about a larger radiator cus im presuming that the ga16 will run hotter than the 1.3 or will it? will the standard rad be able too keep it cool nuff? - sorry bout all the questions btw just wana make sure ma new lump dont go bang!!!

I would be able to give you the radiator as well. As im picking up a full GTI Sunny I can take the radiator out of that.

Michael

nice one mate, just wondering what model this engine is outa and what kinda power it puts out? also wondering about exhaust will i need a new manifold and will it meet up with the existing exhaust ok? - gawd maybe sometime soon ill stop asking somany goddamn questions!:blush: sowwy!

RE: RE: GA16DE Engine

Paynee said:
nice one mate, just wondering what model this engine is outa and what kinda power it puts out? also wondering about exhaust will i need a new manifold and will it meet up with the existing exhaust ok? - gawd maybe sometime soon ill stop asking somany goddamn questions!:blush: sowwy!

The ening e was taken out of a Primera. It is still the GA16DE eninge. I got the gearbox with it but it wouldn't fit into the Sunny mounts, so i just slapped my gear box onto it and then it went so had to get it re-cond. the power is 103 bhp standard. You will have a filter on it so you don't need to buy one, get the head ported, polished and skimmed, put a header on and full s/s zorst and fse your looking at 130 bhp.

You might not need a new manifold, if you have a zorst on th car already it should fit on.

Are you thinking of putting a full stainless on? if you are i might be able to sell you my 2.5" downpipe custom made from Outrun (Tuning Company I go to) I might be able to give you once i get my 4 branch manifold.

No problem about eh questions mate, keep them coming lol. Picked up my GTI yestarday so it will be going in over the next 2 weeks :devil:

Michael

nah i havent got a zorst on my car yet, i purposely waited till after the conv incase it was no good wi the new engine. yeah id be interested in the downpipe an all like mate

yeah mate im still interested in the engine, just waiting for word as for when it will be ready for collection, as i said it will have to be after the 25th of this month as thats when i get paid
dave

Cool, it will be ready for the end of the month mate. The car should be going in on the 14th for the conversion.

Michael

Arlight mate, I am now doing ym conversion myself, give me a shout near the time on when you are able to collect the engine and i will have it ready for you.

Will om you with contact number.

Michael

Back