flywheel/temp guage/fuel guage

hi

3 quick topics

i have a lathe , which i do skim tractor flywheels on so i cant see why i couldn't lighten my own, just wondering is there any dangers to it? for the engine? and how much should i take off within reason of keeping it safe? is it a big job for an inexpierenced person to remove and refit the flywheel? i get a bit nervous about doing damage with all this stuff lol !

fuel guage hasnt worked since i had the car, i know where to get at the unit underneath the back seats, but one screw comes up and the other is just spinning around, any idea's?

iv just done the timing belt myself , and after starting up i noticed as soon as you start the car the temp guage takes about 4 seconds to get to full temperature, not sure if it was like this before quite possible, whats most likely wrong with it?

thanks for your time
P

right, thanks! what sort of reduction does that bring you? 2kg? maybe its a cg youve done in which case cant compare i suppose? i feel stupid really because if i can get the flywheel out machining it is a breeze for me , yet i hadn't thought about doing this before ? doesn't make sense to me lol!

here,s the 3.5 kg one i,ve been running for a few yrs, a pre-face 1.0 CG one (very similar to yours) and a vid of me balancing it :)

flwh.jpg

balancing is because you drilled holes right?
is there a need to balance if you only machining? cant imagine so but am i wrong?

damn, machining is fine but i dont know where ill go to get it balanced,
ill have to look into this, can the k10 gearbox be split from the engine without removing?

suG388w.jpg

QgYU86I.jpg

The one I was running in the k10 though I didnt make it myself. Just remember that there are alot of forces on that chunk of metal rotating very fast:

87942956.png

78302233.png

Back