Fluctuating idle

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Hi guys journey home today, stopped at lights and my revs increased to 1400-1600 fluctuating ...any possible thoughts?

Idle control valve?

Problem solved. Idle control valve completely chokka with carbon..cleaned in the parts cleaner tank.. valve was sticking
1375169584584.jpg

Problem solved. Idle control valve completely chokka with carbon..cleaned in the parts cleaner tank.. valve was sticking

Mine's probably gummed up too, I've the same rev problem like you did.
I used carb cleaner and gave it a squirt, didn't help. :(

Reviving the thread due to the problem returning. When changing gears on the road the revs didn't drop. So have taken the I/c/v back off to clean. Stayed at 2k..

Now it stands at 1k fluctuating when warmed up. Any ideas?

i doubt if a sticking i/c/v will fluctuate personally (they either stick in 1 position, leak past the O ring, or work ok imo) you need to plug in a usb cable and observe what is causing the problem really jay

Yeh. I'm looking at a wiring diagram. Possible idle control relay. I believe our system have two idle control and it's bypassing the main one causing the secondary to surge.

mine was fluctuating last year once, and my i/c/v has been removed !
you might find that its the ecu altering the spark timing back and forth jay

Turns out when I put my idle control valve back in I split the o ring :oops: and stripped the valve and the top of the rod has wear.

has the IAV been configured properly via my guide?
if the idle bleed screw is open too far and the IAV is wayy off alignment it could open too far (especially when the usually seized waxstat keeps the throttle slightly open), fast idle too much, ecu dunno how to bring it down any further with the IAV cos it thinks its fully closed and starts hunting.

always install parts involving o-rings with wd40 and a delicate feel. it should just "slip" in by hand and then feel the metal surfaces butt up solid, only then do you screw it down.

if it feels spongy as you push & twist it down (compressing the trapped rubber seal) and it rebounds back up, then take it back out, check its still in the right place, smear of wd40 on the seal and carefully try again till it pops in

Thanks for the replies, I havnt adjusted the waxstat, what I have done for the time being is adjust on the idle control valve. Can't remember which way I turned it but it's at a full angle. This is keeping my idle at about 1200rpm warm engine temperature.

I'll look into tour blog Paul, thanks :)

Back