Fitting a rev counter

Robb

Site Supporter
Hi all finally got round to getting Bronze membership! :laugh:

Thought id celebrate by posting this thread lol

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to fit a rev counter?

This is something i have been meaning to look at (and meant to on my old micra) but dont wanna mess up rushing anyhting. If i come across some dials with a rev counter i will also consider that but that will prob not happen for some time as i have a 52 reg twister now which of course aint the most popular style on here.

Anyway your suggestions/comments/instructions welcome!

I believe that an After market Rev Counter can be fitted to a post 2000 K11.

You will need to feed a wire to the rev counter for it to get a signal, I believe I have read in the past that this can be taken from a signal wire leading to the ecu. Although you'd need to look at a wiring diagram to find this out.

I imagine all the K11s are pretty similar with the wiring, was wondering whether it was as simple as feeding one of the wires from the loom that connects to the dials and sending it a rev counter and then earthing it.

A possibility I presume. The post 2000 Micra does have a unique wiring compared to the pre-2000 K11s. I would hazard a guess that there is a wire somewhere that works, but who knows where?

i have on my k10:

If the rev counter has 4 wires then its:

red..........+battery
black.......- battery
blue (could be a different colour)..... one side of the coil
other colour.....other side of the coil....but you have to test and see which one....lol.....what out i got a belt....somehow?!??

you might have a wire which also goes into the lighting circuit which obvisouly lets the tacho to be lit up at night :)

duno whether this will help.....:blush:

Back