first micra K10, has annoying squeek

hi guys, new to the forum and micras, i picked up my first K10 gsx today

dmlg.jpg

brillient car that it is i cant help but grit my teeth at the coilovers making a constant squeeky noise while driving, is this common? also the coilovers are koni adjustable ones so unsure if they are specific for the micra or from something else

Most coilovers are adapted to fit.
Mine don't squeak, have you had the undone to see how they're put together?

No only got the car yesterday so haven't had chance to look yet but will do, apparently it's been like that since the konis were fitted 2 years ago and still passed an mot so I may just play loud music to cancel it out if I can't find the problem lol

Nah they're incorrectly fitted if they squeak. There is usually a small bearing that allows the top cups to turn without squeaking

Ah right will have a look when I get chance it may need complete new top mounts but if its all custom I do t know what ones to get if they have been modded from another car

Mm when i fitted my back ones last week they are squeeky , i used a micture of polo 6n and micra parts for where they are fixed up top ! Guess i done it wrong ,
Andy is it because i used the alluminium piece for top of spring and micra rubber for top of spring ?

Or where the nut screws down on top i used polo alluminium piece and no micra rubber , was that wrong ?

Whatever you take off the micra rear shock refit it. Apart from the rubber on the spring
I used the aluminium top cup that came with the coilovers.. then all micra rubbers on top.
There should be no rubber parts under the top cup... they'll squeak :p
Also depends how you bolt it together. There will be a nut that holds the top cup down.. followed a micra rubber. Looks like too washers stuck together in a figure 8 shape. This must be well greased.

Push it through the mount, again another figure 8 type washer. Followed by the securing disc in the shape of a cymbal again well greased. Then the final nut. It you tighten this right down it compressed the rubber and squeaks.

You may find that you'll need to acquire 2 more of those washerd. K10s have 2 as standard... I got 2 more off the nissanubaru K10

Use a nyloc type nut or a spring washer. I use nyloc nuts. Just just the thread tight

Polo coilovers are M10 fine thread :)

If its got polo coilovers could be the strut rubbing against the rear axle my car does that....
Could be the top mount on the front mounts as well.

If the coilovers are from another car would they have been redrilled at the bottom to fit the hubs? as I've had a look at them and can't see any modification to the bolt holes or extending of the hub by cut and weld, can't even see any modification at the top either lol sodont know why it would be squeeking, only think I can think of is a f*^ked top mount lol, will look online to buy some new ones ASAP just on the off chance they are knackered lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If the coilovers are from another car would they have been redrilled at the bottom to fit the hubs? as I've had a look at them and can't see any modification to the bolt holes or extending of the hub by cut and weld, can't even see any modification at the top either lol sodont know why it would be squeeking, only think I can think of is a f*^ked top mount lol, will look online to buy some new ones ASAP just on the off chance they are knackered lol

Take a picture of them and show us. If its corsa b front struts you wont be able to see as they are basically a straight swap. Most likely you have polo 6n rear coilovers and you will be able to see the lower mount has been cut down to be slimmer so it fits.

These ones are the tears, haven't managed to get the wheels off the front yet as been driving a fair bit lately

a9a9agy2.jpg

zyteje3a.jpg

u9ynuva9.jpg

No idea what they should be on but look a direct fit, as far as I know they are fully rebound adjustables

For a start your helper spring is doing is doing nothing. Its fully compressed and as such useless to you.. the dont look like polo ones to me but I may be wrong :/
You've also got contact on the shock to the rear beam

(They're rebound adjustable gas shocks them.. not bad)

Always had a thought the helper springs were fubard but wasn't sure, and no I didn't jack the car up to take the pics, is there anything I can do about the beam contact like add a small washer each side of the shock

Always had a thought the helper springs were fubard but wasn't sure, and no I didn't jack the car up to take the pics, is there anything I can do about the beam contact like add a small washer each side of the shock

Offset bushes that's about it
Or grind the beam away and weld it back up suitably

The helper springs may not be necessarily fubard just too soft for your car

May take them all off over a weekend and give them a good look over, is it possible to get replacement spax springs for these as they do look a bit rusty lol, it's a bit weird as these don't squeek at all just the front lol will have to pull them off and investigate a bit better lol

If you remove that helper spring. Raise the shocks up.
Aye replacement springs are readily available. Just make sure you get the right spring rate and spring with

Lol that will be fun working that out, I'm thinking something heavier than normal as I have a huge sub box and kids so the car does drop about an inche or 2 when full lol

Too soft... when you remove the springs look for the rate on them... I'll try and help from there :) though you still wanna be raising them up slightly

Must admit the sub box weight nearly as much as I do (16st) plus me the wife and 3kids lol unless the struts haven't been adjusted to be stiffer

Lol it's 18mm mdf double walled custom built, 36x18x25" for a 15" for big bass lol plus the amp too probably not 16st but is bloody heavy lol

zatava4a.jpg

Yeh it needs some fine tuning on the amp but it can open my rear windows as it is, once set up need to get it tested to see what DB it's running

Iv got two 12 inch subs but im not sure what im doing wrong iv got 2000 watt amp too , speakers worked fine but subs worked for a min and died out ,

That could be anything lol from blown fuse to amp going into protection mode or wired up wrong way round lol I need to get a new sub, have been looking at an audio system helon 15spl 5k rms, or just wait till the wife gets her own car and build a wall with 4x15s

Back