New alloys - some questions

Hi mates,

I'm thinking of replacing my standard 13 inch alloys with some 15 inch alloys, but have a couple of questions:

Thinking of some 7.0x15 4x100 ET37 with some 195x45 r15 tyres.

1) I currently have a 30mm drop on my suspension. Would fitting these cause the tyres to, in someway, rub somewhere (I'm thinking of legalising them, and that's one of the checks they do).
2) Considering the additional depth of the alloy and them being ET37 instead of (from what I read) the standard ET45 , are they going to stand out from the wheel arches, or is the depth ok?
3) I also want to replace the lug nuts with some lighter ones. Should I get 34mm or 50mm ones? (I know they have to be M12 x P1.25, the question is only about the depth of the whole lug nut).

Also, Proxes T1R or Rainsport 3's (or something else :))? Don't want to have a crappy ride in the rain (grip should be good), and want good tyre wear, but still want to have a sporty feel while driving.

I know some of these are probably already answered in the forum (I've seen a couple of users with similar setups), but just wanted to double check :)

Thanks!

7.0x15 4x100 ET37 with some 195x45 r15 should fit fine, lighter wheel nuts are pointless you won't notice them. As for tyres you'll get conflicting views on them as everyone has their preferences

195/50/15 's cannot be legalized as they go beyond the 5% tolerance on the speedo allowed over here :( hence the 45's

Great to hear that it won't scrub at 30mm :)

I have a set of 195/45/r15 on 15x7 ET37 and they do not scrub or catch at all.

These have been used on a track car, which was lowered 35mm and was driven to the limits of the tyres. You'll have no problems at all :)

195/50/15 's cannot be legalized as they go beyond the 5% tolerance on the speedo allowed over here :( hence the 45's

Great to hear that it won't scrub at 30mm :)

The speedo on a K11 as standard is getting on for 10% out. I was running 185/55/14s i think and that got the speedo a bit closer to accurate, so you could still go bigger and not be one the wrong side of speedo inaccuracy.

The speedo on a K11 as standard is getting on for 10% out. I was running 185/55/14s i think and that got the speedo a bit closer to accurate, so you could still go bigger and not be one the wrong side of speedo inaccuracy.

Well if the inaccuracy on the speedo is ~ 10% it should be ok (the rule is that the speedo value must always be higher than the actual speed). Would love to get me some PS3s on 195/50/15 as they're cheaper than T1Rs on a 45 profile (and only a 5.3% increase in diameter).

Thanks for the input :)

Back