few questions, need answers

manifolds:

are 1.0 and 1.3 standard manifolds the same or are the bore diameters different? if they are different, will the 1.0 manifold still bolt straight onto the 1.3 head?

mounts:

which mount needs changing when doing the 1.3 conversion? if any mounts at all.

driveshafts:
1.0 driveshafts should be able to cope with standard power 1.3? right or wrong? shouldnt see a problem myself.

brakes: i hear 1ltr and 1.3 brakes are the same, is this correct?

gear linkages: are the gear linkages the same, e.g the bit that goes from the stick to the gearbox to select gears.

cheers in advance

hughes_16v said:
manifolds:

are 1.0 and 1.3 standard manifolds the same or are the bore diameters different? if they are different, will the 1.0 manifold still bolt straight onto the 1.3 head?

i think they are the same, and im almost certian each one bolts onto each engine.

hughes_16v said:
mounts:

which mount needs changing when doing the 1.3 conversion? if any mounts at all.

none, unless your also doing the gearbox

hughes_16v said:
driveshafts:
1.0 driveshafts should be able to cope with standard power 1.3? right or wrong? shouldnt see a problem myself.

Id say so, but others will disagree, i dont know becuase im post 2000 and have 1.3 gbox cluth and driveshafts anyway.

hughes_16v said:
brakes: i hear 1ltr and 1.3 brakes are the same, is this correct?

gear linkages: are the gear linkages the same, e.g the bit that goes from the stick to the gearbox to select gears.

i think they are the same :)

goldstar0011 said:
Well Davey, babies come from.....................oh, not that question
lol! u idiot :p

would be better to buy a 1.3 micra. for many reasons. but if the engine and labour are costing you nothing then go ahead. if its just the block you dont need to change anything else. manifolds are the same. driveshafts will be fine. clutch and box will let you down 1st.

I agree with Nizzanz1, the work involved will take long but then again it's a challenge but if just 1 thing goes wrong you could be without a car.

I bet you haven't checked out that SuperS have you!!

superS as gone now mate

ive got the 1.3 engine, box and clutch etc.... so its just a case of fitting

which gearbox mount needs changing?

is the engine and box you have already joined together? if you do you should already have the 2 brace bars that are different to the 1.0. also the connecting bolts are longer to engine. you need the gearbox top mount to engine bay. and also the underneath mounts, best get both front and rear. you need to buy 1.3 drivshafts as the 1.0 ones wont fit. you need to rewire your reverse switch and neutral position switch and you need the 1.3 gear linkage.
i'm guessing you already have the 1.3 flywheel and clutch together, which you also need.

goldstar0011 said:
Shame about the superS, guess it's a full 1.3 change, none of this 1.3 parts in a 1L engine!

*wonders who thats aimed at*

good luck, i thought the cg13de was a straight swap into the old k11s aswell lol

nizzanz1 - so would you say it's more hassle than worth?
I thought was a straight swap too

rlees85 - it's aimed at hughes with his cams, hope no one else took offence :S I just think the best 1L mod is a 1.3 engine/car

forgot to say this applies to hughs and anyone with a pre august 1998 1.0. after that then everything is a straight swap. i would say its so much more bother than its worth if your paying for it to be done and you have to buy any parts needed. also 1.3 cars have front and rear anti rollbars.

i think its bit of A JOKE that NO-ONE has a definitive answer as to changing a 1.0 to a 1.3... and that no simple guide has been done..

concidering that this is the uks biggest micra website/club... and that its such an obvious modification....

as for the conversion i know all the answers as i have been through it all myself. it was a real pain and a half. and i wouldnt do it again in hindsight.
all 1.3 have front and rear bars as standard, if a particular micra hasnt then there has been a mistake at factory or it has been removed at some point in the cars life. pre 96 1.0 have no bars at all as standard, although some may have a front bar. post 96 should have front and rear although some only have fronts. post 2000 1.0 and 1.4 have front bar but not rear.
it is possible to fit a front bar to a pre 96 1.0 but not a rear bar as there are no mounts. i believe it is also not possible to fit a rear bar to the post 2000 micra for the same reason.

nizzanz1 said:
as for the conversion i know all the answers as i have been through it all myself. it was a real pain and a half. and i wouldnt do it again in hindsight.
all 1.3 have front and rear bars as standard, if a particular micra hasnt then there has been a mistake at factory or it has been removed at some point in the cars life. pre 96 1.0 have no bars at all as standard, although some may have a front bar. post 96 should have front and rear although some only have fronts. post 2000 1.0 and 1.4 have front bar but not rear.
it is possible to fit a front bar to a pre 96 1.0 but not a rear bar as there are no mounts. i believe it is also not possible to fit a rear bar to the post 2000 micra for the same reason.

it was the roll bar thing i wasnt sure about not your engine swap info

i dint know all 1.3 k11 had them

kristian said:
so if you drop in the 1.3 inc box and shafts and ecu... will it work?
you dont need the ecu.
if you put the 1.3 box in a pre aug 98 1.0 you need all the mounts (except driver side engine mount) /rewire/fly/clutch/gear linkage/longer bolts/brace bars aswell.
if not using the box its the easiest swap as its just the engine to change. but then you have a weak clutch/box.

goldstar0011 said:
nizzanz1 - so would you say it's more hassle than worth?
I thought was a straight swap too

rlees85 - it's aimed at hughes with his cams, hope no one else took offence :S I just think the best 1L mod is a 1.3 engine/car

lol sorry

yeah i totally agree

im increasing my displacement to 1.3 but using the same block for compatibilty reasons, also going to use a 1.4 head :D

no you dont i am sure, as i have done the conversion. you said do you need the 1.3 ecu?, you dont the 1.0 ecu is fine.

the list is self explanatory i have mentioed whats needed above.

what needs rewiring?? as far as im aware nothing needs rewiring the CG10 and CG13 engines have exactly the same wiring loom bar things like aircon ABS ect but the engine loom should be the same..

I'm 99.9% sure they have same wiring, if you search either sized engine entire wiring you'll find loads of redundant plugs for other things, like all 3 doors will also have plugs that are used on 5 door models.

I'm still doubtfull the mount needs changing but am confused which one is being referred to, people say gearbox mount, do they mean the one on the centre member or under the battery.

the mount is the one near the battery, i also used the mounts underneath on the front to back support bar off a 1.3 but didnt check to see if it was different. the battery one is definately different.
as i have said above you need to rewire to make the reverse and neutral position switches to work. as the pre aug 98 1.0 box are wired differently from the 1.3.

the mount that can be unbolted, its is like a bracket with a bush inside it. it can fit a 1.0 or 1.3 chassis but you need the 1.3 mount to fit the 1.3 box. its costs about £70 from nissan. if you getting a 1.3 box for a conversion the best way is to specify for it to have all the mounts ( especially the one under battery, but best to get all of them.)

as i have said above you need to rewire to make the reverse and neutral position switches to work. as the pre aug 98 1.0 box are wired differently from the 1.3.

Old thread I know but this is the last remaing thing to do on my engine swap. Is there any information about as to how this should be done?

I've got the 1.3 gear box and it needs to fit to the loom from a 1.0. So four pins on the loom and two pins on the gearbox.

Thanks

Back