Few questions

Wonder if you guys can help me out with a few problems here:

1) I had a coolant leak, and as a result of that one of the coolant gaskets popped. It's where the top radiator hose connects to the engine block. Its bodged up atm with paste but still leaking a small amount. Where can I get a replacement?

2) My K11 doest have a rev counter so looked at getting one of these -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270824979697?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I asked the guy if it would fit and he said: 'Hi,
As long it is negative earth and it has a negative earth pole on the coil then yes.
Thanks'

3) I was putting on my frank manifold, and to undo the bolts I removed that black shield to the left of the radiator. Is that needed or can I bin it? Does it protect the alternator from getting wet or something?

Thanks! (Y)

frank

Club Member
do you mean the thermostat housing ryan ? (they,re only sealered originally)
and i binned my black shield :)

cheers frank, knew you would bin it. As for the leaking coolant, whats the best way to seal it back up. Exhaust paste only seems to work when its hot, and by the time its hot the coolant has already made a hole through it.

frank

Club Member
cheers frank, knew you would bin it. As for the leaking coolant, whats the best way to seal it back up. Exhaust paste only seems to work when its hot, and by the time its hot the coolant has already made a hole through it.

silicon or gasket sealer ryan, exhaust paste is waterbased lol :)

Wicked frank thanks! What an idiot using exhaust paste I was. Will go and grab a sealant from halfords tomorrow - might even get it a bit cheaper with my trade card (which they gave me even though I have nothing to do with cars at my work :doh:)