Plans for jae?!?!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Well we are very close to jae now!

What are people's plans if any to do to your car before the show.

I hope to get my whiteline gear fitted, give it a good clean up inside and out, possibly remove the mid rear spoiler, get some decent ice in the car and give the engine bay a good clean up.

Also it's not too long to the show now and no ones talking about it! :sleepy:

So let's get this years JAE up and running properly :D

Kev

mike

I love Ed!!!!
im hoping to finish my isobaric sub box, fit new h/u, 3 amps, a lot of cables and that is it. I may fit a K&n and a janspeed system but im not decided yet.

Mike

ps. do you want me to cook this year? I can bring a big bag of charcoal as well so we don't run out.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
im just polishing my engine bay, fixing some blemishes on the paintwork, and fitting a new silencer... as mine is non existant at the mo...

i bloody hope they let me in at the gate....

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
I plan to figure out why my battery keeps ruddy dying!!!

Apart from that, check underside for rust and fix where needed.

Not really much planned for the micra until I can get an RS Turbo Lump for the Orion.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Spray up the car PC and wire it into my stereo Done
Fix my stereo! (died this morning) Done
Fix the digi clock Done
Re fit the door cards & Speakers Done
Clean engine
Fit Bike carb manifold and 4-1, and my backbox Done except inlet
Clean the car! Hasnt been washed for a while Done (but now covered in bird poo again)

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
Oh, fibreglass me rear bumper, fix a few dents, finish bonnet, give it a good clean and polsh, paint rear boot handle, and start smoothing bumpers :D

Shr3k

sparkie

aka WELLY
get the thumb screws out and infleict pain on brother. still waiting for him to swap a few bits over. also fit a couple of new parts and try and work out where in the maze of an engine bay i'm going to fit the horn. oh and maybe wire in some new speakers and the sub.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
just sprayed the "raceworx" red rocker cover in Matt black... gonna custom fit a "piper universal" back box to my car after some cutting...going to clean it..... clean it again.... possibly gonna tint the windows....painting all the rusty bits in my engine bay black.... fitting an alloy catch tank.....replacing the battery to the boot.....buying amy's wide arch kit...... gritting my teeth and getting dirty..lol

lol u guys think u got troubles :)

1. fit new idridium plugs
2. relocate battery to boot
3. fit and setup coilovers
4. fit decat pipe
5. figure how to do the gear gaiter :s???
6. fix xpoiler
7. tidy door cards and respray handles
8. tidy scratches-paint blemishes-dents
9. make sure car is ready to travel 5 hours on motorway :suspect: :suspect: :suspect:

mike

I love Ed!!!!
75% of my wiring is now in, 1 amp in, hu in

Still needed to finish

build sub box
fit subs in said sub box
remove subs and then trim box
extend the wiring from under the seat to the boot (power and rem lead)
start trimming rest of install

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Wish i could of had my stuff fitted by next fri :( Ahh well, theres always next year :D

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I got my false floor finished in the glanza today, as well as a floating shelf for the amp, genesis mini subs in.

I'm having to cut mdf speakers rings about 75mm thick to get the front speakers in the doors, no holes cut in the actual door frame :(

Next week I'll hopefully get my apline dvd headunit in.

Still waiting on one last bit of whiteline gear to arrive, so I doub't very much I'll get any of that fitted in time now

Kev

mike

I love Ed!!!!
i'll update this thread with pics of my box and the 100 odd screws i've used to build my box with.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Well, today I ordered all the new cabling for the install in the SR. Not that I'll have time to fit it mind!

mike

I love Ed!!!!
5-15072007247.jpg

nearly done, just got the last baffle to build. The box is the size of the boot

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
looks great Mike!

I should be getting my apline dvd system in on wednesday.

I still have to somehow shoe horn on these huge speaker pods on the doors, then get my wiring done to wire up the amp and both sets of speakers.

No sub for the time being, as I don't want a huge heavy install, but it should still sound good. lol my front speaker pods are like mini sub enclosures.

Kev

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Kev are you with the MSC or on another stand? I know you'll be coming over either way but couldn't remember?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I have to fit my webcam to the front of the car, and make a small perspex shield for it so it doesnt get destroyed by the elements.

Clean the car a couple of times (makes it easier to do at JAE!)

Copy over loads of digital music and maybe games etc to keep Ems occupied whilst im out with my camera! lol.

Kev - I hope you've got a replacement tent!

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Ems - my car will be on the MSC's stand as the support car lol!

Arnold - were not camping this year, our tent was ok until Sam's sister took it to glastonbury and ruined it....I simply refuse to pay for another one and it hasn't been replaced by her sister either.

plus I have the gazebo to bring, the banner + stand and lots of other bits and a smaller car lol! lol!

Kev

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Don't tell me your going back to your house!! Boooo. Your miss out on all the fun!

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Yep I will be doing.

I'll be staying on into the evening, but then I'll be heading back and coming back sunday morning.

I hope to be there on friday at somepoint to put up the gazebo and banner, but that depends on how my preparation goes, I'm in work all week and still have loads to finish off.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
ill be there on friday matey so dont worry ill give you a hand..... and if you wanna borrow a tent, i have three...

i have a vital question that im sure everyone is asking...

"WHOS BRINGING THE BEER??"