Few photo's of my K11

scopez

very nice (Y)
looks a very neat 1.6 transplant, some more info would be interesting, ie did you retain any of the micra loom ?, is it a GA14 g/box and how are those shafts coping ?

Rarr! Its angry!

I like, especially the engine, but those chrome strips around the rear lights are noooo for me though.

that is deffo a neat job! I quite like the little chrome strips round the lights, quite suites it, although not normally my taste!

hey everyone, thanks to all of you so far who have commented glad you like it, as for the chrome strips I wasnt too sure myself but thought id see how it looks plus no one I know of has done this on the LED clusters, but hey i like it :)

In response to Frank out about the loom: I'm using a hybrid loom micra's for the lights, heating etc, and primera's for the engine and clocks(revs, temp, petrol) As for the driveshafts they seem to be coping quite well so far (touch wood) and for the ga14 box im still unsure wether I can use this so Im using standard GBox. I have been on the AOC and asked but no one is really certain and those who have said it would fit say the benefits are negligible so its still a grey area for me.

However would like to hear what others think so far of the car so keep me posted.

Thanks

scopez

thanks, i just wondered if the ga14 box used the same inner potjoints as the 1.3 and might be an option for using standard shafts ?

Scopez nice car dude, you didnt use leccy tape for the eyelids did you? :) Just wondering cos i tried that a while back lol. Id get them done silver though, also if your handy with a spray can id colour code the grey plastic strips round the bumpers etc and get some mudguards. Also if you do spray them silver too look proper sporty.

Im picky so i would get some proper Micra fogs and open up the front bumper grill and mesh it. Also if you have the patience cut the middle out your bonnet grills and mesh that too. Then a sport+ spoiler.

How much of the conversion did you do yourself? How pricey was it? Cos that is really tempting now ive seen it done lol. Im probably a two-three spanner diy mechanic on the 'haynes competance scale' so i would have to get someone else to do ALL of that if it was me.

In response to Robb lol yea i used tape however i thought it looked ok with the black headlamps so have had it like that for a while. I intend to get the bonnet made like Nis probably without the scoop but have to wait and see. But yea i was intending to do most of the things you mentioned like colour coding, but as for the fogs there angel rings which is why iv got them, dnt really need the other fogs plus im using one of the holes for a cold air feed

I've ready got the spoiler just need to spray etc

Me and my mate done the conversion together so its abit of both, however he did the welding(I still need to learn how lol) Didnt cost much just payed £450 for the car.

To Frank: I'm not sure about the inner cv's and even if they did fit shafts need to be shortened so you cant used the standard shafts.

Cool, suppose its easy once u know how :) If u got angel rings then thats even better. You could always go for a 'twin air intake' effect, that would look sweet.

Wot exhaust setup u got on there? Wots the 0-60 like? :)

yea i was thinking of having a twin air feed, see how it goes, need to get a smaller rad first. Ive got a XS Power stainless manifold, followed by full powerflow system to the back. Probably decat my car sometime this year but am afraid of loosing back pressure.

0-60 not too sure but its between 7 -8 seconds, I have managed to beat quite a few cars with similar figures so this is what im judging by.(However depends on the driver to ;)

Keep the posts coming be interesting to know what u all think

Thanks

im going to do this when mambo gets the parts sent, obvioulsy the loom splits into engine and lights etc, so you threw away the primera part and used the micra loom for it i assume??? so does the micra light loom connect into the ecu??

The micra loom isnt connected to the ecu, its only connected to the battery(ignition) As for the primera loom yes I did strip most of it down as it was mostly unecessary to have. I would'nt have needed to changed the loom if my orignal engine wasnt coilpack, hence why im using both. A better way to have done the wiring would of been to re-wire(whole car) all the plugs etc on the primera loom to fit the lights etc.

Are you planning to do this conversion? as you mentioned something about parts being sent?

Hey all been a long while since I've updated. Heres the car as it stands at the moment, needs a good clean but took a few shots of trial fitting my intercooler:

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

Hi Ivawart, the lights I have are very simliar to those, but mine are custom made by someone in taiwan for RHD. If I rember correctly I payed about 200 quid for mine, but there worth every penny in my opinion and look great. I'm down by Croydon, how bout you?

I think we have same CAI system. I'm wondering, why did you connect the oil breather directly to the pipe of the CAI? Shouldn't you connect it to a specially designed oil breather filter?

BTW, nice car ;)

Alex

I think we have same CAI system. I'm wondering, why did you connect the oil breather directly to the pipe of the CAI? Shouldn't you connect it to a specially designed oil breather filter?

BTW, nice car ;)

Alex

because the standard airbox has the same set up

Hi Ivawart, the lights I have are very simliar to those, but mine are custom made by someone in taiwan for RHD. If I rember correctly I payed about 200 quid for mine, but there worth every penny in my opinion and look great. I'm down by Croydon, how bout you?

hey mate, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, google stuck the email notifying me of replies to this thread in the spam folder and i completely forgot about it lol :D btw, i'm in East London.

regarding the lights, how on earth did you find someone in taiwan that was able to custom build you those lights?

because the standard airbox has the same set up

The original air box has that oil breather connected directly to it, i know that.....but if you look at the original air box, you'll notice that it has 2 compartments. The larger one is holding the original air filter and the second smaller one which is "isolated" from the original air filter contains a sponge. That sponge collects the oil waste from the oil breather. Depends on the engine state, mine literally has no oil waste going from the oil breather....so i could have connected it same as Scopez did, but i bought an oil breather filter which i attached directly on the oil breather area, and that "hole" in the CAI pipe....i just properly jammed it with a large screw. Anyway...i don't wanna mess my new air intake filter with the oil coming from the oil breather....that's the reason i asked him, why did he choose that setup fwn

no worries mate, perhaps we can meet up sometime seeing as your in London ; ) as for the guy who done the lights, i bought some march led rear lights off him and asked him if he was able to make a custom set of front headlights for me. lucky for me he accepted.

as for the oil breather I just connected it that way in the begining as didnt see any problems with it. I now have blocked off the hole in the induction pipe and put a breather instead.

cheers Davey C ;)

no worries mate, perhaps we can meet up sometime seeing as your in London ; ) as for the guy who done the lights, i bought some march led rear lights off him and asked him if he was able to make a custom set of front headlights for me. lucky for me he accepted.

as for the oil breather I just connected it that way in the begining as didnt see any problems with it. I now have blocked off the hole in the induction pipe and put a breather instead.

cheers Davey C ;)

Properly done (Y)

Back