FAO martboy :)

frank

Club Member
or anyone else who is struggling to refit a gearbox (been there, done that lol :p)
i,ve had to re-fit the 1.0 engine for the damn vic test :suspect: and took a pic of the method i,ve been using for a while
there,s a 45mm wide piece of wood (1) between the sump and cross member/subframe thingy
and the scissor jack to support the g/box (2)
and the spare wheel retaining bolt through one of the boltholes (3)
and you just need to rock the engine while you tighten the bolt and nut down (no humping and swearing, or removing wheels/balljoints/driveshafts etc :grinning:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC11324.JPG
    SDC11324.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 238
Frank, I thankyou from the deepest part of my Micra heart! For days ice been trying so many different other ways but have had the engine solid and was wobbling gaerbix, it's on the spline( eventually!) but won't close together, just come in from a 2 hour workout in the garage fitting the gearbox but still not there! I will try this tommorrow. Can't believe how long thus is taking me!!!! Although I binned all my rear interior parts so I'll have to hunt round for some suitable cars with same thread /shaft size

Hopefully tomorrow I might get somewhere! Thanks again matey!

its on the spline with the front bolt half in!! machine mart supplied me scissor jack for 9 quid and took top engine mount off, swearing shouting and lots of fags later were actually getting somewhere!!:grinning:

hoping it will close up and not damage anything:eek:

getting up and spending up half hour in there before work!:eek::eek: eager beaver, wnat this thing in!!

so thank you again your method does work for me matey :)

lets hope the back half that has,nt closed fully has,nt got an extra dowel trapped in eh mart :eek:
done that before :doh: (had a dowel in the engine side and another in the g/box side, and they are fighting each other for the same hole :wasntme:)

ha ha frank i was stuck on those funking bolts for about a day, the damn thing wouldnt close, had to drop the gear box of, mole grips and hammer, i laughed and thought this is becoming a joke!! still its on and will be up and running by weekend

cheers for all your help matey :)(Y)(Y)

Back