fan speed.

CMF_zunichtemachen

» CMF Member
hello,first post to forum,so g'day to all.I've owned a 96 slx micra since new,done 430000km,never had a problem.However in the last month things have started to break,which is understandable.Injectors,ignition leads,uni joint,seat belt etc,all fixed.Now the fan only works on the highest setting.I've checked the switch,which is ok.I've seen posts in the forum about this problem and it seems it will be the rheostat.Where is and how do i get to the rheostat? Any help appreciated.
best regards
dave.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Are you talking about the heater/fan switch? If so it's the relay card under the glovebox for the fan. Mine's gone too. Need to resolder it so all settings work,, not just off and the highest.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,

I have resoldered my resistor card 2 times now and it just gets really hot and the solder melts and falls off.

I believe my fan is partially seized/bearings are dry and it draws too much current.

One of these days I will pull it out and try and fix it...
I have had one fan speed and no heater(core is a bit leaky) for like 4 months now. LOL

If anyone has a spare heater core or resistor card/fan that is in good condition, I may be interested.

qwerty132

Back