Fan kicking in

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone know how i could make the fan kick in at a lower temperature?

would it be a case of changing a sensor to one off another car?

if so what temperature does the standard k10 one kick in at?

Thanks All

You need to swap it for another one. The thermostat is fully open at 88 degrees C IIRC, so the fan will switch on around 95 and back off around 90 (called a 90-95 thermo switch). I'm not sure about the thread size on Japanese being the same as other cars, but it might be. There are quite a spread of temperatures. Nissan may even be able to help.

If i cant make a cooler running thermostat and have the fan kick in earlier then i'm gonna make a switch for it.

im sure they are available,,my mate got one for his 2.0ltr corsa

have you tried google for places that make them?

A cooler running thermostat isn't always a good idea. The engine needs to be hot to work efficiently, but below the boiling point of the coolant.

Replacing either is clearly trying to solve some kind of problem - what is that problem? Maybe there are better ways of sorting it out.

there isnt really a problem, the temp guage always stays in the middle unless the car is left to idle and then it eventually creeps up but the fan doesnt come on until it is quite high, it would put my mind at rest if it came on earlier

i had a switch on my old one it was very simple to do mate, two wires and jobs a goodun

all super s temp gauges read higher than normal, mainly beacuse the super s dials are totally different inside compared to the other micra dials, i think its a design flaw in the super s

as mat says mark, the super S gauges arent as clever as the normal ones. On my 5 door, that always used to stay band on half, and there wasnt anything you could do to alter that, but when i put super S gauges in, it used to creep up to over 3/4 sometimes.

As long as your fan comes on and goes off, and you have a good anti freeze mixture, you have nothing to worry about.

Back