Interior fan problem

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
Hey guys, my interior fan has stopped working.
I thought it was just the normal resistor card problem so I bought a new one but it still doesn't work. There is a lot of resistance in the fan so I'd say it's stuffed. I can't work out how to get into the motor to give it a clean and don't really want to pay $500 for a new motor from Nissan. If anyone has any advice for me I would be appreciative. Conversely if you have a working fan that you want to get rid of at a reasonable price I would be very interested.

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
I have two that have been removed from cars before I got the chance to test them.. I went to a blokes place that was wrecking two cars and there was parts everywhere.worked out a deal that included the assemblies that were in the boot. (plus many other parts) $50 each plus delivery with no guarantees or refunds. Your call..
(sorry to be blunt but thats the truth lol)

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
i had a fan failure as well,

bought a used fan from junkyard. Paid 20 euros for it. The fan is mounted at the passenger side under the dash. 3 small bolts to get it out. Just pull it and check if the motor gets volts. If it does, get a ‘new’ one and you’re done.
hope this helps

greetz

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
Doom WROTE:

"I have two that have been removed from cars before I got the chance to test them.. I went to a blokes place that was wrecking two cars and there was parts everywhere.worked out a deal that included the assemblies that were in the boot. (plus many other parts) $50 each plus delivery with no guarantees or refunds. Your call..

(sorry to be blunt but thats the truth lol)

do the fans spin well at all?
mine has a lot or resistance when i spin it.
If I can't find one for a local wrecker I'll take one off you if it spins well.

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
Doom WROTE:

"Yea mate pretty sure.. I will check if you need one.let me know

Cool, look I will just get one off you if you think they work.
Just send me the best one please.
Let me know your details and I'll flick you some money.
Thanks

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
cowboydave WROTE:

"Doom WROTE:

"Yea mate pretty sure.. I will check if you need one.let me know"</div>

Cool, look I will just get one off you if you think they work.

Just send me the best one please.

Let me know your details and I'll flick you some money.

Thanks

PM sent

Back