2.0 into 1.6

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi ya,

does anyone know what engine bits from a 2.0 primera are compatible with a 1.6 primera?

eg. injectors, TB/ECU fuel rail, Fuel pump, inlet manifold, cam shaft, piston arms?

if i went 1.6 and wanted a turbo 1.6 would i need hardcore stuff like the injectors etc?

thanks ppl

almera owners club and nissan primera owners club!!

as they are what the engines are from!!

meaning the guys over there will know more about what your trying to do.

plus there is nissanowners club (american one) were you will be best of looking.

also look into the hotshot turnbo manifolds kit. this will be the best purchase you can get.

also there aint much you can transfer over as they are different structure engines.
if its the SR20 and the ga16 your looking at ne ways

but there is uprated cams etc for the ga16 you can get
along with lightned flywheels lightened pressure plates lightened UR pulleys
phase 3 race clutches the list goes on

there is also a Nitrous Kit, Wet & Dry System, Kit produces from 40 to 75(Dry System) or 50 to 150(Wet System) Extra HP

for around £814 i think it was you can have the lot :p

nos clutch flywheel pressure plate etc!!!

AOC is the Almera Owners Club --> www.almeraownersclub.com

NPOC is the Nissan Primera's Owners Club --> www.npoc.co.uk

As the ga16de and the sr20de both standard fit engine in both of those cars they will have better knowledge of those engines and be able to tell you what you can swap over.

Mike

brilliant mate thanks,

i'll try some of the sites :)

thanks alot :)

mike said:
AOC is the Almera Owners Club --> www.almeraownersclub.com

NPOC is the Nissan Primera's Owners Club --> www.npoc.co.uk

As the ga16de and the sr20de both standard fit engine in both of those cars they will have better knowledge of those engines and be able to tell you what you can swap over.

Mike

:p

beat ya :p

injectors and things will fit but you may have to change the fuel rail and the TB will fit but may also need some minor modifications, but i dont think the cams, piston arms as you put it or inlet manifold ill fit as they are essentially a differant engine, the 1.6 is a GA series where are the 2.0 is a SR series. also ecu will be a nono due to this same reason. there are plenty of turbo goodies for the GA and as wayne syas the best sites for parts are generally the american ones. the HS turbo manifold is definietly a good buy but i wouldnt bother with the whole turbo kit as it wont fit into the micra bay easily and will cost too much to mod to fit and will upse tthe design. Im personally planing on going the turbo route with a HS manifold a pisco potatoe turbo T25/T28 hybrid i think then source the rest of the parts from the uk as in piping, IC, fuel pump from a SR etc as you say. think this will be the scehaper and easier option. i plan to get this doen next summer when funds allow. the kit should be good for 170bhp @the wheels possibly, wooo crazy power.

thanks davey c,

i think i can get the turbo to fit if i do something like this..
kanagawa05-041.jpg

i'm going to have a chat with the guys at norris designs and see what exactly will need to be up rated,

but the more stuff i can get from the scrap yard the better,

BTW does anyone know where i can get myself some SR20DET injectors??

yea i just had a check but their forums seem to be offline :down:

but they have some very nice cars there,

if my next car isn't a micra it'll be a GTIr !

doh! should have checked before leaving a post :laugh:

thanks mate i'll try 'em out :)

SR_Micra_Boy said:
No problem, they always have loads of alloys and stuff for sale on tehre aswell if ur after that sort of thing...

hmm - might just have to jump on here for a look!

is it the sunny gtir or the gti brakes that fit ??

cos there's a gti in my local scrappy that i keep meaning to rob,

NeX said:
is it the sunny gtir or the gti brakes that fit ??

cos there's a gti in my local scrappy that i keep meaning to rob,

Belive both of them fit mate, but you have to change the washer and the calipers.

score! :)

i know where i'm going this weekend hehe,

does the sunny gti gear box and short shifter work too?

The Sunny box should fit, if you don't want it I am quite interested in one, could you try and get the number of it?
You will need a 2mm washer for the brakes :)
Cheers Craig

RE: RE: 2.0 into 1.6

Craig said:
The Sunny box should fit, if you don't want it I am quite interested in one, could you try and get the number of it?
You will need a 2mm washer for the brakes :)
Cheers Craig

2mm? i thought it was 1mm? ah well i'll find out when i get them...

sure mate you have first dibs if i don't want the box :)

it'll be a mission to get out because the car is on four other cars and hard to get to but i'll have a word with the scrappy guy :)

I can't really remember how big it was as mine were done a while back, best to have a selection :D

Back