False Floor HELP needed !!

g2oo8

Club Member (Trial)
areet a want to do a false floor in my car !
the only problem i have is finding the cloth/carpet to cover the mdf board.
can someone please tell me where to get it from ????????
thanks
Gav :D

Allied carpets.

I wasn't gunna bother replying to this thread but 'lols'

Seriously though, if you want to do it properly get some acoustic cloth, available at any good car audio place (no not halfords I said GOOD)
It's like carpet but stretchy so will be easier to fit

Alternatively yeah any carpet place will do

Yeah you'll just need some carpet from allied carpets or the likes, some carpet glue and a stanley knife, spray onto both surfaces and pull over nice and tight, then just cut the carpet so it folds round the back nicely. If you want the entire board doing properly... Good luck... lol

DSC00224.jpg

Crap pic i know but you get the idea :)

I used 'ICE Carpet' bought at a Car Spares shop *cough* where i work *cough* ;)

Used Spray Glue on one side of the floor and one side of the carpet. Waited for that to dry and roughly cut a 1inch border so it folded over.

Nothing wrong with the carpet in halfords, as it's made by autoleads i think. I've used it on my install. You won't need acustic carpet for the false floor, just any old carpet will do.

i have a false floor in mine also but i would have thought that the best way to do it would to be get some wood from your local diy shop and use the rear carpet that is in your boot lay ou down and mark around it about a inch bigger than the carpet then test fit it then sand the ends down till you get it perfect thats what im going to do with my seat bit use the rear bench seat lay it on wood and then draw around it then trim it to fit

I got hold of a BIIIIG cardboard box and pushed it onto the floor. Where it creased the cardboard was roughly where the edge was. I then cut that shape out,drew it on some MDF and cut it out.

It was then the case of cutting a lil bit off and putting it in the car. The cutting it down/shaping it piece by piece.

Once it was a snug fit i then sprayed the glue on the wood and the carpet and trimmed it all up etc.

The shiney thing you can see in the pic is a hinge used to hold the 2 pieces together (because it slopes down abit towards the front seats)

Back