Wheel size problem :( .. Help needed lads n lasses ..

g2oo8

Club Member (Trial)
areet
i have seen some 15" alloys for my k11 pre facelift with 45profile tyres
i have been informed that if i buy these it will make my car 'alot slower'
is this ture ???
my car has been lowered 35mm also
help needed please
CHEERS
Gav

I got some 15" in place of the original 13" and i could tell the difference slightly
Although if your replacing wheels with aloys id say its worth it

Your speedo will register out. It'll be such a % slower. I don't know the maths to work it out (because I don't understand tyre profiles), but someone here probably does.

You also won't get the same acceleration as you would on 13" wheels, because of rotational mass etc etc, but you can achieve a higher top speed! Although I dunno if the difference will be noticeable, and you shouldn't really be getting to the micra's top speed on public roads, where you'd be using bigger wheels.

The lowering side of it won't be an issue either mate I've got mine a fair bit lower then that on 15s and they don't scrub even on full lock.

i have 15" with 45's tyres....it will affect the acceleration of your car slightly because the wheel has a larger rotation but it will slighty up the top speed..but not by much...there isnt that much difference..it mainly depends on the weight of the alloy....

i have just calculated the difference
when im traveling at 70mph am actually only going 66.74
the difference isnt that much so i think i will just get 15's
cheers :D

They will be heavier, 45 profile isnt too bad but it will be like having a passenger in the car all the time.

Back