False floor

As most of you know my car is stripped out and i want to carpet it but rather than just throwing carpet in and having it all un even i want it to be level and sterdy, any ideas how to make a false floor with ply board or something? i dont want it to rattle around either though ........

Cheers

Tom

Take out your boot carpet, lay it flat on a lump of wood, cut around it, then make a sheet the same shape as the rear seat base, you want to hinge this for access to the petrol tank.

Sorted

mdf, make a template out of something first (much easier), then cut out wood from template, dont forget petrol tank access (as olly said), ten cut carpet to fit. As for the "not rattling", you would need to secure it somehow i think! But im unsure on that as i dont own a k11 and have never been in one! Yet:upside:

if you leave youre parcelshelf in, you could make a couple of boards up to replicate the rear seats, carpet them and then youd cover up the metal while keeping the rear empty. (i was thinking of doing this before so i could keep my rear speakers and keep the boot fairly secure)

The above will help reduce rattling aswell as you could just use the existing bolting points (seat belt mount points, bracket points for rear seat tilting etc).

If totally removing everything same kinda deal but just needs somthing like L brackets to use the original mounting points instead.

or so id reckon having never done this :D

if you leave youre parcelshelf in, you could make a couple of boards up to replicate the rear seats, carpet them and then youd cover up the metal while keeping the rear empty. (i was thinking of doing this before so i could keep my rear speakers and keep the boot fairly secure)

i like this!! may have a bash at this in my k10:grinning:

Back