Failed MOT!

my k10 failed its MOT today. it didnt fail on anything major which is the annoying thing!

the things it failed on were:

Emissons to high

Bushes on offside front suspension worn

Rear brakes imbalanced

right front headlight relay or somthing melted so there is a dodgy connection

all these problems should be realatively easy to sort out shouldnt they?

for the front headlight were would i get that relay thingy from a scrap yard or from nissan? think it has melted thats why there is a dodgy connection.

also where would i get the bushes for the suspension from?

thanks

Attachments

• recess.jpg
    recess.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 311

Your best bet would be a nissan garage, although they will charge a fair bit. Most motor factor have no K10 suspension parts bar shocks.

Leave brakes to a garage.

they said it would be £60 just for labour without the parts, thought that was a bit steep considering i know someone who can do it for nothing!

has anyone else had problems with there headlights ie dodgy connections?

headlight dodgy connection is common. Brakes are easy to fix. It will be one of two or both of these:
Sticky handbrake cable (if so really needs to be changed unless it can be freed properly) more likely it will be one of the rear auto ajusters not working properly if you do this manually then the brakes will come back into balence. Its _ALWAYS_ a fault with the handbrake when the rear brakes go out of balence, unless in the very rare case rear cylenders leak.

Yeah, my rear breaks were off so i took the covers off and the pump was broken, just replaced it, cleaned it up, and it passed!

i've seen k10 cylinders leaking often. the adjusters rarely work anyway.

most decent motorfactors will list bushes. not places like motor world or kroozin or townie places.

most decent motorfactors will list bushes. not places like motor world or kroozin or townie places.

Maybe its only rear suspension brushes they don't do, the motor factors i go to is a proper factors that surply garages etc, they had no lisitings for any k10 rear suspension brushes i had to go to nissan :eek:

how easy is it to change the rear brake cylinders as one possibly both mine are leaking and i got new ones on the old car

Swallow said:
my k10 failed its MOT today. it didnt fail on anything major which is the annoying thing!

the things it failed on were:

Emissons to high

Bushes on offside front suspension worn

Rear brakes imbalanced

right front headlight relay or somthing melted so there is a dodgy connection

all these problems should be realatively easy to sort out shouldnt they?

for the front headlight were would i get that relay thingy from a scrap yard or from nissan? think it has melted thats why there is a dodgy connection.

thanks
Hey mine just failed I am trying to get brake pipes....theres a place in Oxford reasonably good japspares...for headlights n stuff...n www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk good for panels......any ideas on the pipes guys..???? I'll find the web brushes n break pads real good

You have just replied to a thread that is over half a year old!

Back