FaceLift

CMF_MSDVS

» CMF Member
when people refer to the facelift is that meaning the "super march" as I was reading about them on wiki this afternoon & didn't understand what it meant? Could some one explain?

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
i think you'll find that the term facelift usually refers to the later model (97-03) k11s (that weren't available in oz) that have remodeled headlights, front grille/bonnet, bumpers... like this:

Attachments

• 60237.jpg
    60237.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 17

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
U can also get the Bosch electronics with its troublesome MAF on the last of the facelifts and a cost reduced build , given I have a late facelift , a facelift and a pre NATS , the late facelift is the slowest and has a noisier ride .. with what I know now and if I was buying I would go for a facelift with the Nissan engine management . The pre NATS with its 13" wheels is a joy to drive but are getting a bit old now .

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
ndxxx WROTE:

"Usually people facelift the lx by putting the super s bumper in and **** like that, I haven't seen much else

That is not what at all what the majority of people talking about a 'facelifted' K11 means. In Australia we never got the facelift K11's as shown in the above image. The latest K11 we ever got was the Series 2 "pre-facelift" Micra as they're commonly referred to.

Things that changed on the Facelifted K11 includes but isn't limited to:

-Headlights
-Bonnet (integrates the grill)
-Quarter panels (to match the headlights/bonnet)
-Bumpers (Most notably the front to match the headlights and bonnet)
-Side indicators (will not fit a pre-facelift quarter panel if memory serves)
-Side bump strips (as can be seen above)
-Dash is vastly different and interior trims are often different again
-Rear number plate light cover integrates the badge

There's going to be heaps more, but that's mainly just to show that there were quite a few bits changed on the facelift and if you did feel the desire to change your pre-facelift frontend to facelifted (Why?) you'd have to get quite a few bits and pieces to do it properly.

Edit: Missed the text in your post Kovert...

---dens

Back