1L 4spd auto 1997 facelift K11

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
I've aquired another K11, 1997 facelift white 5 door, 178,000km, made in Japan. I'll be driving this for a couple of weeks until I get my 2dr 5spd back.

Engine is 1L CG10DE, no rattles, no apparent MAF/throttlebody problems or other worries. Rev limiter 6900rpm. Was running cold (72-75C) so I've changed the thermostat. The old one was about 2mm open when cold. It was the 54mm diameter version.

It has a 4spd auto with lockup torque converter RL4F03A, diff code FL38. It does about 2600rpm when locked up in 4th at 100km/hr. So far it's seen 125km/hr, really slow above 90km/hr, otherwise best described as quite slow. Think I'll just call it "the slug".

Sitting behind the wheel, I'd have to say, the more upright windscreen in the 5dr is noticeable, the roof & top of the screen appearing much further away.

Body has minor surface rust stains in a couple of places under the bonnet but is otherwise straight. The drivers door hinges have worn and the door wasn't closing properly. The ring mounted on the B pillar would hit the top of the slot in the door, lifting the door as it closed. I loosened the bottom A pillar hinge bolts, lifted the door & retightened. No problem. This is the second K11 where I've noticed worn hinges, the other was a 1996 with 150,000km. This is the first K11 I've seen that hasn't had very thin paint at the back of the roof, under the hatch. Many are rusting.

Being a facelift I've noticed a few changes from my older K11. Obviously the headlights are bigger & the tail lights are the red version with single clear insert.
The dash had a double sized radio slot, the centre vents & switches moving up. The cup holder is twin, glovebox has a big handle instead of small button, 4 electric windows.

Recently discover how the jack is supposed to be stored. It fits under the hatch on the right hand side, wegded between the floor & the lip that the hatch closes against. There's a small pressed area in that lip that matches the top of the jack, to add a little strength I guess.

Back