exuast

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yes 2". Cannot see sense in anything bigger. Maybe 2.25" the absolute max.if forced to the max.
Nice sound?? Depends on what you want. Me I like a deep growl. Do not like to attract attention with a real loud exhaust. Cop bait.
I still reckon Lukey mufflers sound great but everyone has their own taste.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah that's the go, me too. Plain black pipe. Pure functional. Leave them wondering. I even concealed my exhaust tip by having the rear bumper modified to cover up that hole on the standard rear bumpers, my exhaust is a black 2.5" dump pipe just pointing downwards behing the bumper.

On my first micra, it didn't have a resonator, only a back muffler. It was quite loud! Very fun to drive in.

cisco

» CMF Member
But I should note, that was back then. I wouldn't find it fun any more, has to be quiet now. Agree with the other boys above.

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
i am from scotland n i was lookin to do an n/a setup with carbs or individual TB's but i wont be doin this for a while like a year however i want to fit a 4-1 manifold and stainles system right through iut jus now,

here is my question: will 2" from manifold back be enough for a good 150bhp or 111kw if this is the eqivilant or should i be lookin larger?

all feed bk welcome thanks alot :D

cisco

» CMF Member
Hey micra-man,

Did they mean like, if you want no more than 75kw, then you should use a 2". But if you want 80, then you should use a 2.25 etc?

Seems not the same scale that turbo cars use compared to the power they make..

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm I don't have a scale, but I mean just in practise. I.e. my exhaust is 2.5" and the car used to make approx 150kw. So I'm just wondering if that autospeed article just meant the theoretical best maximum pipe diameter etc. But you could still get more power out of that exhaust size..?? Any ideas?

Heaps of turbo cars with 3" pipes make plenty more than 165kw.

Hmm interesting. That is a very good book though, and I'm sure I just don't understand how they are talking..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Okay.

I went to an exhaust shop today. I have now been told it is impossible to fit extractors to a micra with aircon.

Has anyone got pictures of a Micra with factory aircon and extractors?

It appears that the alternator is in the way...

cisco

» CMF Member
That guy gas no idea if he told you that.

Either: not skilled enough to modify a set so they clear, or just stupid and doesn't like small cars/can't be bothered.

HEAPS of micras have slightly different or modified extractors so that they clear the alternator..

Including our white super s.

You only need to modify the far left runner so it bends pretty tightly in against the head and not out into the alternator etc.

I'd be finding a new exhaust man. Screw him :)

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Yom,

"DomDeli" had the nicest aircon micra extractors i have seen. Check out ;

http://www.micra.com.au/images/community/micra-meets/newcastle-2004/PB140110.jpg

These were "hurricane" extractors made by Liverpool exhaust (www.liverpoolexhaust.com.au). Apparently there is a guy there called Jimmy that has made them up for a few members. When i contacted them about 12 months ago I think they quoted about $450 for a set (including shipping to QLD).

It might be worth messaging "lilmissy" who was at the last QLD micra meet ?. I am pretty sure her partner works at an exhaust place in the Springwood area.... He had some great ideas about how to make up some really smooth flowing extractors and still get around the aircon/alternator issue. He was planning to make a set for their car which has aircon.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Thanks for the replies gents. I'm a bit worried about those Liverpool exhaust ones, it doesnt look like he's modified the other runners to compensate for the increased length in the #1 runner there which could potentially mean that they're not the most efficient extractors available.

cisco

» CMF Member
100% pure perfect equal length is so damn hard to achieve in real life, especially when you start talking turbo manifolds etc.

They are pretty close Tom, I don't think you would notice a difference in real life if you had those Domedeli ones which are very very nice, compared to a set which were 100% equal length down to the mm. I bet you couldn't even measure a power increase on a dyno.

Perhaps they weren't even equal length to begin with.

Back