Extra Sensor on downpipe?

Ok, so i have a 2001 coilpack 1.4, i have got my Frankspeed mani and brand new cat, and Peter Lloyd system, i have ordered new gaskets and bolts etc and intend to fit the whole lot on saturday, after putting my car on ramps to free up/grease the relevant nuts bolts etc i notice i have an extra sensor on my downpipe, and no place on my Lloyd system for this, i am hoping this is just an EGT sensor and doesnt really have an effect on the ecu and could just be tied out of the way? could anyone confirm this? looks to frank :)

i asked someone on here the other week if his mil light came on when he removed his 2nd lambda, and he said no it was fine

Gonna be a noob here, but why would nissan fit 2 o2 sensors in less than 1 meter? thats why i thought it may just be an EGT sensor for some form of redundant reporting or maybe even some form of EU diagnostic compliance

must just be a redundant system then i am guessing, if others have it working fine. That said it could be just to see if the cat is working and doing its job, but if there is no secondary reading then it cant compare the 2 figures, so as far as the ecu is concerned everything is working fine

possibly to ensure the cat is working correctly check emisions readings before and after the cat?

If it fails the MOT coz of it, i can just have a hole drilled in it and a bolt welded to the pipe and refit the sensor, simples :)

Cool, well its all fitted now, at last and worth the 4 hours to fit, had to do it on my own as my brother had plans this weekend

Back