Extended Wheel Studs Word of Advice!!!

Squizza

Ex. Club Member
Hi peeps,

Just want to warn you incase you weren't already aware!!!
I recently put some extended studs on my K11 Micra 1999, and had a very scary noise coming from the front!

So if you have extended studs and you get a noise that sounds very pressurised, pops, bangs and, scrapes here is the reasoning oh and I eventually got brake pedal trembles!!!
The garage had a look over, and due to length and amount of wheel changes they had unseated the brake discs and therefore that been the problem! So just reseat the disks :)

maybe the spline was too long luke ? (arrowed) members have had to chamfer the holes in the discs and drums before

spacr.jpg

Indeed they have - It was using generic nissan (14.3- I think) spline studs. The hub flange on the little one was not as thick as the length of the spline so it wouldn't let the disk and drum seat properly.

Yeah i seem to remember having to drill out the backs of the drum very slightly aswell. Cant remember if i had any issues with the larger discs up front. :)

Well for now there readjusted, new wheels on very soon when spacers and spiggot rings arrive cheers to frank for finding em!
Just have to keep a close eye on em' and anymore worries pop down to garage and they play a bit more for price of a pint or two! :)

Back