exhaust help

i want a really raspy exhaust system for my super 1.0 but not with big obnoxious back box
im considering doing a straight though with a nice back box and tail pipe any recommendations

the car is also going to have bike carbs so i want a really mean sound

It will definitely sound mean with bike carbs, they have a nice roar to them (Y). As for the backbox, maybe Ashley, with a 2" bore and outlet? Not sure what cats are on the K10s, but I'm sure you can do away with them if they have them :grinning:

if you could link me that exhaust that would be fantastic i went on there website there and had a look at one on a punto exactly what i would be looking for

one question tho is do i actually need a backbox or could i just have a straight pipe from the manifold to the back of the car caus i have a local exhaust garage near me and they can build full straight pipes?

I'm not 100% sure if they make them for the K10, I had one on my K11 so don't see why they won't make one for a K10. Or go for something similar. Not sure about a straight pipe though fwn

you will need a back box mate if you dont you will find it a pain at mot time and getting pulled by the rozzers 24/7. trust me been there done that its just a ball ace.

you will need a back box mate if you dont you will find it a pain at mot time and getting pulled by the rozzers 24/7. trust me been there done that its just a ball ace.

Some form of silencer will be needed I had my s14 turned away because it didn't have a standard system on it! Being an MoT tester I know your within your rights to refuse to MoT a car with a none standard exhaust but never knew people actually did! Must have so much custom that they can pick and choose!!
Never used them again neither do my mates or their mates and family!
Mines coming straight out of the front bumper :D

right well heres what i want a really sporty sounding exhaust but some boy racer 6" inch bore rubbish
cud i get a straight through exhaust with a raspy sounding back box?

yeah course you could mate go to a place that does custom exhausts and ask them to make you a system up they can pretty much meet your needs. i would get a small centre box put in tho cause if you just get a straight threw with just a back box it will sound like a 1000 wasps trapped in a bean tin. and it will become annoying :laugh:

right i do not know anything about exhaust ok could i jus pick and backbox i want and stick it on the end of the exhaust lol
im wanting to get a straight through from the manifold and then jus sticking on a backbox on the end? and i dont care about noise at all jus dont want it to be like huge bore lol

You'll have to make sure you find a model that actually fits your K10, not just an off the shelf type of thing from Halfords or whatever. Shouldn't be too hard to find though :grinning:

modify one to fit? id love to have an exhaust off somthing like a nissan skyline gtr lol jus aslong as the bore wasnt to big so i just wana see if i could get a backbox lol and get it modified to fit on the rubber gromit things lol

modify one to fit? id love to have an exhaust off somthing like a nissan skyline gtr lol jus aslong as the bore wasnt to big so i just wana see if i could get a backbox lol and get it modified to fit on the rubber gromit things lol

If your modifying it to fit mate it doesn't matter what car it came off as it's not car specific, I have a blitz nur spec on my s14 and could easily fit It on any car. Unless your talking about the standard exhaust there isn't such a thing as a skyline exhaust just exhausts modified to fit a skyline ;)
BTW skylines ain't all that, I've had two gtst and gtr and unless you have deep pockets they're pretty dull cars (once the initial whoo I'm driving a skyline wears off)! If I was to get another one it would be an r32 gtst with a RB26 or 2jz! Or a stock r34 gtr and keep it stock, sorry for off topic

Well say for example you see an exhaust you like - either a universal fit one that you'd normally fit with a reducer pipe, or one of a different model of car. It's not normally that hard to cut/weld yourself a new exhaust. If you get hold of a universal backbox, all you really have to do is cut the standard backbox off on the collector pipe (so you still retain the flanged pipe, presuming that's how they are on K10s). Then just weld the reducer pipe onto the collector pipe, and then weld the backbox onto the reducer pipe (making sure it's welded on at the right angle). If needs be, you can also cut off the exhaust hangers and weld them on to the new backbox. Same with using a backbox off another car, just cut if off at the collector pipe again, but leave enough piping so you can weld a reducer pipe on to make it fit. That's what's been done to mine, and it works perfectly, as I couldn't find an exhaust to fit that I actually liked, styling-wise.

Back