Exhaust has fallen off...

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Balls :down:

The middle section of the exhaust has gone, from the cat to the silencer.

Wondering how much it costs to replace it, or if anyone has one lying around that they don't need that I can have...?

I won't be making it to Santa Pod at this rate...

Please help :down:

I remember I had my exhaust replaced from cat back, cheapo exhaust for £55, not expensive job.

Just ask NeX, he's probably got 75,346,146 of them laying around!!!

Really? That cheap? My dad said it'd be at least £200 :down:

I did ask NeX, but he hasn't got one laying around unfortunately, soonest we'd be able to get one would be Friday from a scrappy, but my car won't make it that far :(

Well i am going back 3 years ago, lol.

Has it snapped mid way down the pipe or is it at the back of the flange???

If it's mid way, I know a bodge job involving a baked bean can and 2 jubilee clips! Just so you can move the car!

Remove the ends of the baked bean can, cut it down the middle, wrap round the exhaust and tighten up a jubilee clip over the can joining the two sections of pipe! East Coast motors, Bodge my ride!!!!

Well it's home now, but I don't think I'll be moving it any further than the local garages when I get a slot!
My dad tied the pipe back up to something underneath just to get me home, and even then I was doing 40 all the way.

micrafish

they usually rot away near the back box, you should be able to get a middle and rear fitted at a quickfit type place for about £80

Honestly i'll be amazed if it costs you more than £100 for a new replacement exhaust.

I know my old exhaust rotted away at the joint to the backbox

Mines rotted away from the cat back to the silencer - the silencer is brand new!
Meh we'll see, don't be too surprised if you see my Micra up for sale once it's done...

Hmm debatable at present...

I have loved the car.

I've taken such good care of it, washed it and shammied it lovingly, never ragged it until it's warm... and all it pays me back with is the exhaust going twice; failing the MOT with a rusty sill; blowing the throttle body; replacing the brakes three times in three years when I hardly ever use it; refusing to work the wipers and heater properly and then the government have the cheek to make me pay £66 just to tax it for six months!

Hahaha I ragged mine from cold every day, never cleaned it, crashed into things, up kerbs, did burnouts, handbrake turns, 7000rpm launches, competed in sprints, filled it with film gear and people, hit 110mph and it never went wrong!

Why is mine punishing me for treating it so well then? :down:

grr I'll have to think about it. I might just get rid of it, save what little money I get from selling it, and wait until my inheritance comes through, and then get a nice one :grinning:

Hahaha I ragged mine from cold every day, never cleaned it, crashed into things, up kerbs, did burnouts, handbrake turns, 7000rpm launches, competed in sprints, filled it with film gear and people, hit 110mph and it never went wrong!

so one careful lady owner then...lol.

Micrafish...by the sounds of things, the issues youve had are the usual things...it'll be all good once its fixed :)

my exhast is shagged aswell lol but i welded it up 2 months back and im drawin it out till it falls of then its time 4 a new one or another weld haha

Good to hear, Solarice :laugh:

Thanks for the pointer James, good news though, I got the exhaust replaced today at a reasonable £66, so I'm not too skinted out for Santa Pod!

Mwhahaha I'm back baby!

Good to hear, Solarice :laugh:

Thanks for the pointer James, good news though, I got the exhaust replaced today at a reasonable £66, so I'm not too skinted out for Santa Pod!

Mwhahaha I'm back baby!

yay :D glad you are all sorted :D see you in some hours for the santapod mission :D don't forget your driving license ;)

Back