Exhaust Question!

So basically the weather has been to rotten lately I havent had a chance to look, but what I want to know is does my 2002 coilpack have a second silencer/cat that is removable without chopping it out? Ideally I'd like to replace it with a straight through bolt in pipe if such a thing exists?

The trouble with the coilpack's is the ecu does a great job at keeping the engine power the same even after mods. If you put a performance exhaust on and also a performance air filter setup, then the ecu has trouble with the fueling and runs lean. The almera/primera Airbox mod is a nice mod on this engine. Gives a nice sound and improves response.

The trouble with the coilpack's is the ecu does a great job at keeping the engine power the same even after mods. If you put a performance exhaust on and also a performance air filter setup, then the ecu has trouble with the fueling and runs lean. The almera/primera Airbox mod is a nice mod on this engine. Gives a nice sound and improves response.
One of the first mods I did was the GA aibox alright if that's the case and its gonna mess with the fuelling I may just leave it be, it pretty uneconomical already can't afford to make it worse

So basically the weather has been to rotten lately I havent had a chance to look, but what I want to know is does my 2002 coilpack have a second silencer/cat that is removable without chopping it out? Ideally I'd like to replace it with a straight through bolt in pipe if such a thing exists?
the coilpack mid pipe is longer (to account for the 2nd cat delete) and some makes/brands of mid pipe dont have the welded silencer included (i bought a copy one years ago in order to delete my 2nd cat, and it was just a continous pipe)

the coilpack (post 2000) mid pipe is longer than pre 2000 mate
so you can fit the early midpipe + decat, or else fit a copy (or coilpack 1.0 ?) non-silencer later mid pipe

Drat and there i was thinking id found the right pipe....seemingly impossible to find for a coilpack, might just look into getting one made up...

Back