Exhaust Fumes and Squeeky Steering!

Hello!

Firstly, let's tell you a story!

In December, after a night time country drive, I ended up crashing the car... into the kirb due to skidding on ice, this meant that the front driver's wheel ended up going straight through the brake disc and the wishbone/drive shaft being snapped!

The driver's side (seat) airbag also went off.

This was repaired by my insurance company, claim totalled £4100! Only my car involved too but anyway...

Ever since it's returned I've noticed an occasional fumes smell in the car when stood but never really thought anything of it, until today.

When I got to work in the car, I could actually see exhaust fumes coming through the vents next to the stereo and trip computer!

I believe the exhaust manifold was replaced by the insurance company so I'm guessing this would have something to do with it.

Also, when turning left there's a squeaking noise coming from somewhere on the front right hand side (where I had the crash!).

Anyone got any idea what these could be?

The car is going in for service and MOT tomorrow so the issues will be raised then, even though I should probably go back to UK Assistance who repaired the car.

It's a Micra K12 1.2 Urbis (2005) with 32,000 miles on the clock.

No modifications, other than a new stereo!

Cheers,

Dan

Back