Power steering

So April ish 2014 the PS light came on the dash. However I still had power steering. Went to a local garage (not Nissan) they cleared fault codes. Everything fine, no more lights on dash.

Fast foward to march 2015. PS light came on and there wasn't any power steering. This was intermittent for about 2 weeks until the light stayed on and steering was gone.

Did some research online, had the code cleared, didn't work, had the power steering unit sent off to ACS who refurbished it. Unit put back in. All fine.

Until......This week. So 7 months later and the PS light is back and my steering has gone. Was intermittent for 2 days after which I gave up and it's been parked up for 3 days as I cant bring myself to get in and start it up to see if the light is on or not.

Also I don't want to drive it without any power steering as it's barely driveable.

So....off to the guy with the code clearer this weekend to see if it can be cleared. Then I have to decide whether to have him take the unit out and send it back to ACS (they said to send it back under the warranty to them) or whether to just give up on it.

Be £180 to have him remove and refit if that's what I want.

The car is 10 years old and has 45k miles on the clock. Only other issues I've had with it have been small. Bulbs and drivers side bush which was replaced.

I'd love to get another couple of years out of the car as I love driving it and it meets everything I need in a car...

Has anyone else gone through the above? I know lots of people have the issue but anyone replaced and had light show again?

Also....have seen this is a 2003 to 2010 model issue. Debating on getting a 2013 or 2014 model if I have to get a new car.

Back