K12 Exhaust and Interior fixing

Hi all,
My girlfriend drives a late 2005 K12 1.2 S with an auto and over the last 4 months the exhaust has started hanging which in turn scrapes hard against the ground as she has a steep driveway. She is thinking that she will need a new car by december when the MOT runs out and is incredibly worried. The thing is she really struggles with any change in life and loves this damn car - we all suspect she is on the autistic spectrum and despite her family advocating for a k13 I know that shell struggle with anything but a k12.

I have a mate who is mechanicaly inclined to help me with the repairs but Im coming into some cash to help me fix this particular car. Ive been struggling to figure out what parts I need to order - exhaust wise.

I also would like to fit an aftermarket radio with an aux cord to the car as im fed up of burning her CDS - she has the single DIN slot with the storage compartment above which altough id like to splash out on a double DIN unit with carplay she likes the storage slot above. What are my options here.

Many thanks,
Jake

The 'hanging exhaust' might well be as simple(probable) as one of the aluminium heat shields coming loose and hanging down or possibly one of the rubber supports having broken. The first thing you need to do is drive one side of the car up onto a high kerb and then crawl underneath and see what the problem actually is.......... However if parts do need replacing CarParts4Less are very reasonable...........

Back