exhaust blowing?

Simonh

Midlands Rep
ive had a new standard backbox fitted because it was blowing quite bad before and im sure its still doing it? how can i sort it out?

Take it to an exhaust place and most will check it free of charge.

Or jack the car up and have a look for any holes. If you do this with the car cold then run the engine you should be able to see, hear or feel any exhaust gases escaping without the exhaust being too hot to touch.

It may even be the flange where the backbox is fitted, maybe it was replaced without a gasket. Without someone looking at the car its impossible to say where its blowing.

Stick something in the end of the exhaust and you'll easily see / hear where the leak is

All places will check the exhaust for free, because they'l tell you which bit needs fixing. You can just say ahh i'l come back next week

I wouldnt charge a penny for just looking at an exhaust for someone, would be like ripping someone off, but its fairly easy to do it urself if you want to, the rag in the end of the pipe is a good one, but if its bad you can usually tell just by getting down next to the car and having a listen

Back