essentials for the K12 1.0?

what are the essential things to do to the K12?

air filter is getting changed thats for sure, but a replacement panel from pipercross or something.

what else?

K&N panel filter? ..perhaps ;)

I have no clue when it comes to mods but I'm sure most of the more active modding members would suggest Lows and nice wheels :p

are you wanting to change anything exterior wise? de-badge?... new sills, bumpers, spoiler? or keep her as she is? and concentrate on performance parts?

you can get body kits. There's one on ebay from Poland which is...interesting...I suppose...not to my taste, but interesting :p

of course, if yours doesn't have them, the standard extra's for the Sport/SR/Tekna models from Nissan (or a scrapyard :D) are...well I like 'em (I've got a Sport+)

Yeah I'll debadge. Don't want to spend alot on it as its my daily till my Yaris project is finished

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Be careful when/if you take off the bonnet badge as most have found that there are 2 holes underneath that will need filling/smoothing/painting...
There are some that don't have the holes but i'm not sure which one's it is I think it may just be the very early ones (52 and 03 reg sort of age)
you can see, when you open up the bonnet, if it will leave holes. They're about 5mm each, one under the first N and the other under the last ;)

If you don't want to spend a lot it might be worth upgrading certain parts by using parts from the 160sr, sterling (a member) has done some cracking oem modding with his k11

Ill leave the Nissan badges on, just take ff the micra one! Wanna keep it clean as sporty looking really!

Yeah some parts like alloys from te better models seems like a top idea! I take it the k12 is 4x100

Getting some 20mm spacers so it can have them for a bit till they go on the Yaris!

Yes the K12 still takes the 4x100 wheels but still be careful with bore diameter and offset for fitting them (K11 standards will not fit a K12)

Unless you upgrade the suspension it's not advised (by nissan) to fit wheels larger than 15"
...but i don't know if it's advice worth ignoring a bit as i've seen 17" on an otherwise seemingly stock car LOL

I love my standard 16" Sport alloys (I have slightly stiffer susspension) but must add that I think Nissan Note wheels should fit the K12 too, and they had some interesting styles...I wouldn't mind a set like these on my baby...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-NISSAN..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item53f2a4b91f
although...not at that price <_<

ETA: Ignore what I said, you have spacers :p

Yeah it's got steels ATM so I'm gonna take the trims off for the time being whilst its bad weather

Got a few stickers for the rear window too so ill whack them on and make a project thread, tbh I love the slammed on steels look

My Yaris was slammed on steels! What's the k12 suspension like, trailing rear axle? And a Macpherson front strut like the wee Yaris?

Urmmmm...No idea LOL

I only know that my mums ordinary suspension (1.4 SVE) feels pretty soggy to me...spongy if you like :p
Mine (1.5 dci Sport+) feels much tighter and firmer, with less body roll on the bends

My suspension can be a bit harsh on speed bumps and mums keeps bouncing for a bit after a one LOL

might be worth getting front springs off an SR model ;)

I've had a car with coilovers wound down to bumstops I the rear and stuff as ote on the front so I'm used to the bobbly feeling

Back