Engine warning light on after wheel balance and tracking.

hello i had my wheel balance and tracking done a couple of days ago and as soon as i drove it the engine warning light turned on. This is the first time this has happened. Could this be related or is this something else. I have cleaned the throttle body with carb cleaner and its still on. I don't want to pay a garage to look at it cos i really don't have the pennies at the moment.

cheers

Aye, and i'm not sure it'l be the car cleaner either (Although some sensors do give up) but i've just cleanly nuked my TB and the results were extremely good,

Only problem now is mines idling too high, either there was that much gunk cleaned out or i may have damaged the ICV gasket/seal (No idea what material like) by getting carb cleaner on it :<.

Aye, and i'm not sure it'l be the car cleaner either (Although some sensors do give up) but i've just cleanly nuked my TB and the resul
ts were extremely good,

Only problem now is mines idling too high, either there was that much gunk cleaned out or i may have damaged the ICV gasket/seal (No idea what material like) by getting carb cleaner on it :<.

hi thanks, is there any guides that i can follow to clean the TB? I'm going to take it back to the place i got the work done anyways after if it dose not work,

Hmm, its quite simply really, just a case of removing the AIR box then slowly bursting carb cleaner into the throttle port (Not much), then i did some focused bursts on the MAF sensor itself (Risky i know) but it definately cleaned it nicely with no faults, i think removed the Idle Control Module (iirc) and gave that a clean, some gentle scrubbing mixed with the carb cleaner had it shining again although i should have used cotton buds not some cloths :p also clean inside the ICV as that was gummed up crazily!!

Although it would be my suggestion to get the car taken back before you do any work to it, so they can't say anything rests on your shoulders!

But i will take it appart and get a guide and pictures up if your unsucessful!

hello, i have got it sorted now just have the TB a really good clean. At the same time i came across a N15 1.4 Almera air box. To install is it a simple plug in and play or will there be some chopping involved? (i know this question has been ask before.)

Back