engine temp gauge

yer it looks fine baz.. from the sender its just 1 wire does that go straight to the gauge mate? or does it go to the ecu first then to the gauge? thanks

take the connector off the sender and ground the wire, the gauge should go right up to hot, if it doesnt then id say you have a faulty gauge or wiring.

mine reads really high for some reason, the last owner changed everything trying to fix it but the car never overheats, fans work fine etc

mine reads really high for some reason, the last owner changed everything trying to fix it but the car never overheats, fans work fine etc

All st's are like that,every one i've seen ,I have a nismo water temp gauge and normal driving it reach 85-90 degrees which is normal. . . reachs about 95degrees though on track on the hard laps

wow i found the problem all right first i did what superls said and connected the wire to ground and got nothink on the gauge???
then i did a test from 1 side of the wire to the other and got nothing???
so i knew then the problem was in the wire. so i took the maf off and induction kit and a few more bits to expose the loom so i could trace the route of the wire then i noticed it the induction kit had been rubbing against the loom and had severed 5 wires in total!!!
anyway resoldered the wires and all done now and gauge works but the green sc light still don't work really can't figure it out. anyway cheers for all your help lads

wow i found the problem all right first i did what superls said and connected the wire to ground and got nothink on the gauge???
then i did a test from 1 side of the wire to the other and got nothing???
so i knew then the problem was in the wire. so i took the maf off and induction kit and a few more bits to expose the loom so i could trace the route of the wire then i noticed it the induction kit had been rubbing against the loom and had severed 5 wires in total!!!
anyway resoldered the wires and all done now and gauge works but the green sc light still don't work really can't figure it out. anyway cheers for all your help lads

Yeah make brackets up for the induction kit John same thing happened to me! Keep checking the wiring ,can you do a continuity test on the cables?

yer iv'e got a test meter.. but electrics is not my strong point mate. i only need to get this little green light on me dash working then every on the car works as it should..

yer iv'e got a test meter.. but electrics is not my strong point mate. i only need to get this little green light on me dash working then every on the car works as it should..

An electrician should be avle to show you how to use the meter, I dont know what meter you have so I cant tell you but it will elimatinate thing out of the equation that have nothing to do what the fault(Y)

Back