engine swop :)

hello micra fans,

been browsing and its made me a bit more confused haha.

i have a 1.0. facelift on a 98 plate, im wundering if any one can shed light on which 1.3 will mate up with my 1.0 box.

will i need a 1.3 flywheel and clutch or use my existing 1.0 stuff.

also obviously my car is nats so would the 1.3 engine work with the 1.0 ecu? cause then i can keep my key etc and not need a new key etc.

or theres another option. what sort of stuff can i do to my 1.0 to boost power a wee bit im thinkin of a turbo throughout this year for sheer giggles and to say hey its a 1 litre boost machine. in the mean time what sort of game would 1.3 cams and some 1.5 almera injectors make etc? im going to decat the exhaust also and im thinking of seein how much frank could do me a frankspeed for?

any help at all is much appreciated. thanks guys, Dave

the facelift 1.0,s have the same clutch as the 1.3,s dave, they have a slightly lighter flywheel tho.
and the nats wont be affected :)

awsome, in effect then would the flywheel be ok? cause i would think it would just act as a lightened flywheel wouldnt it.

dont mind me asking do you, but are you still modifying stock manifolds?

your running a 1 litre arent you just high compression? dont suppose you could shed any light on 1.3 cams could you?
also just thought id show some gratitude mate, really love the work you do mate properly awsome.

its only about 1kg lighter dave (7kg opposed to 8kg iirc) 4 kg would be better lol
and i,ll do a mani if you want :)
1.3 cams will give about 5hp gain, and my current engine is a 1311cc (1.4 crank and rods with 1.0 pistons)

just pm'ed you about the mani but i think your inbox is full?

can you pm me price etc?

i think to be honest ill go down the modded 1.0 route, just need pointing in the right direction with some things, im confident and that just dont really know much about engine, but we all got to start somewhere eh ha

I've just changed to the 1.3 cams and its noticeable, kinda killed my low down speed but i think thats my timings fault.
I was also planning on changing to a 1.3 crank but thats for the future.

Back