1.0 to 1.3 Engine Swop

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
I want to swop the 1.0 engine and box for 1.3 engine and box.

Is this a simple swop over job ?

Will the 1.0 ECU work with the 1.3 engine ?

Do i need to change the gearchange mech for the 1.3 box ?

The 1.0 car is a '95 car, can i use any 1.3 engine/box up to the coil-pack engines ?

Also whilst the engine is out, i want to fit PAS to the car. Is this a simple swop the rack, fit the PAS pump etc.... ?

Anyone out there do either of the swops before ? Anyone got any advice about it ?

Lots of questions - so thanks in advance.

Also anyone got a 1.3 with PAS, but no or little MOT for sale ?

Also whilst i have the 1.3 enigne out, i will fit a new clutch, water pump and cam chain tensioner.

It is worth fitting a new cam chain ? And how easy is it to change the cam chain tensioner ?

Due to the regs of the rallying the car will do, it has to have the standard box and diff.

I will check the chains, and replace it needed.

If i just get a engine and box, do i need to change things like driveshafts, hubs, gear-linkages etc..... The reason for looking for a complete car was it would have all of these parts ready to swop over.

If i just get a engine and box, do i need to change things like driveshafts, hubs, gear-linkages etc..... The reason for looking for a complete car was it would have all of these parts ready to swop over.

the shafts, gearchange, mounts and crossmember are different matt, yes
and a post 98 1.0 g/box would suit you better

Thanks Frank, when you say crossmember do you mean the one which runs lengthways ie when the engine mount fits to ?

I would like to fit a 1.0 box, but the rules won't allow it.

Given all those parts need, i think it may be best to get a running, but non MOT'ed car and transfer them all across. Plus the PAS stuff.

yes matt, the rear g/box rubber mount and captive nuts in the x member are different, its a shame you cant use the 1.0 4.5:1 diff eh :doh:

Quick question are the drive-shafts the same for the 1.3 auto and manual cars ?

I.e. can we buy a 1.3 K11 auto, with PAS (PAS is more common on the auto's) and then get a 1.3 manual box, fit that to the 1.3 engine, and fit it to the car ?

No need to do that now, as due to the Brother-in-law bending the shell of his 1.3 Micra we have an easy source of a 1.3 engine and gearbox !

All we need now is all the PAS steering kit ie pump, rack, UJ, pipework etc..... anyone got a kit for sale ?

Because the car will be used for autotests and other events which require lots of driving from lock to lock. Plus the events are endurance by nature, the next event for us starts at 11am and finishes at 7am the next morning, anything which helps reduce driver tiredness will be good !

Back