engine swap

george

Ex. Club Member
To put a 1.6 engine in a micra does any welding need to be done or does it just bolt in? also whats the engine code? cheers

Glen is the GA16DE a literal direct fit, or does this also need custom engine mounts etc made up?

all you need is to open the drivers side mount up abit and the engine bolts to the back mount and drivers side then with the gearbox it sits about 20mm over make up a set of triangular plates and redrill the hole for mounting. once this is done the engine and gearbox is mounted. none of the chassi leg needs cut and no pullys catch. you need custom drive shafts but i might have a solution for that as mine are just sleeved and welded atm. after this is all done connect all piping back up and nearly everything plugs in. change the ecu to a none nats 1.6 ecu and fill all liquids u have a 1.6 micra well thats nearly whats all to it cant tell you everything

Make it sound dead simple glen, Im betting by next year there is going to be so many more conversions been done as more people like yourself are cracking on and inspiring others(Y). Think we should all be sharing information etc though, dont get why some projects are kept behind the garage doors:p

Flat_out

all you need is to open the drivers side mount up abit and the engine bolts to the back mount and drivers side then with the gearbox it sits about 20mm over make up a set of triangular plates and redrill the hole for mounting. once this is done the engine and gearbox is mounted. none of the chassi leg needs cut and no pullys catch. you need custom drive shafts but i might have a solution for that as mine are just sleeved and welded atm. after this is all done connect all piping back up and nearly everything plugs in. change the ecu to a none nats 1.6 ecu and fill all liquids u have a 1.6 micra well thats nearly whats all to it cant tell you everything

so can you not use the micra gear box.

doesnt matter which gearbox you use as the whole engine and gear box sits over if you use the original mounting points for the gearbox the you have to cut the chassi

Nahh no digs glen lol, thumbs up for going ahead and doing it matey, just seems a shame to do it and then people not be able to see it? but each to there own im sure you have your reasons buddy(Y)

Flat_out

Back