engine swap time?

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
well seeing as the cambelt snapped the other day ive been thinking about taking the k10 of the road for a few months. in that time il sort the bodywork finish the custom bodykit, fit bigger brakes better suspension and as its stuffed a new engine. ive been mulling over a k11 cg13de in the k10. il use a pre 98 cg10 box clutch and flywheel then standard k10 shafts and custom exhaust. mount wise iirc its just the drivers side that needs moving?? will the standard k10 rad be sufficent?then i hope to carry across the mpi.... can any people think of any problems il come across? cheers

its less complex if you use a k10 dizzy and carb/carbs, the logistics of going ecu ignition and injection is a mission :eek:

hes only in Sussex. If he wants to bring it to Fusion to do the elec its easy!

^i have a feeling it wont be roadworthy for a while lol, however, in the time it is off the road and the new block goes in, myself and boyracer should have sorted a trailer by then!

for ease and an additional 50% power id go cg13 with all the trimmings, however to do this right would need some electrical knowledge and a donor car ideally (if you were diy)

or you could do as ive done and go cg engine with carbs, and using the k10 dizzy adapted to fit.

the extent of my conversion was i fabricated a drivers side engine mount, leaving all the chassis untouched, i even used the k10 altenator so i didnt have to alter ANY wiring.

i have used to k10 g/box shafts etc, leaving it on its original mounts.

however my engine is a CG10 with a little extra bite.

^i have a feeling it wont be roadworthy for a while lol, however, in the time it is off the road and the new block goes in, myself and boyracer should have sorted a trailer by then!

its not that hard depends how committed he is, once i had all my bits and had rebuilt the engine the conversion only took 4 ice filled half days to complete (so about 1.5 days if it were summer) thats from parking it up with the ma12 in to driving away with the cg10 in.

more questions . seems il be going down the carb and dizzy route as i dont have the knowledge time or money to sort out wiring.
1.will a cg10 flywheel fit straght onto the cg13 crank?
2.bike carbs anyone know the best ones to get for a cg13?
3.dizzy after searching on here it seems i need a 6mm collar, the drive modified , and the collar needs a bolt hole? any idea if any one on here knows exactly what id need to dizzy side and if any one can do it
4. will k10 rad be ok to keep?
cheers

if i knew enough i would come over and help ya! how is the car going at the moment?

lol would be good to meet a fellow k10 nut if you ever need hand with anything on the micra im a trainee mechanic so could help. and at the moment its sitting on the drive half jacked awaiting me going out in the cold putting the wheels back on and towing it to where its being kept :kungfu:

more questions . seems il be going down the carb and dizzy route as i dont have the knowledge time or money to sort out wiring.
1.will a cg10 flywheel fit straght onto the cg13 crank?
2.bike carbs anyone know the best ones to get for a cg13?
3.dizzy after searching on here it seems i need a 6mm collar, the drive modified , and the collar needs a bolt hole? any idea if any one on here knows exactly what id need to dizzy side and if any one can do it
4. will k10 rad be ok to keep?
cheers

1. yes, all cg,s the same 6 bolt pattern
3. personally i would use a mini dizzy (its got the same type of offset slot drive)
4. rad would be ok imo :)

3. personally i would use a mini dizzy (its got the same type of offset slot drive)
is it direct fit? and would i have to change the wiring as mines got electric ignition plus any ideas which model mini to get it off? cheers

Attachments

• SDC10058.JPG
    SDC10058.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 316
wow have no clue what you guys are on about im such a noob might have to take you up on that offer boy you can clean my carb for me :p lol

as i had a k11 dizzy at my disposal, i took the drive of the end of it and fitted it to the end of a k10 dizzy, then made a collar, as frank says the cg hole is 33mm, and i think the k10 dizzy is 22mm, but cant remember exactly, so i just made a collar, then i used some thick alu plate that boled on the cg dizzy mountind holes, and i drilled holes in it that line up with the k10 dizzy, so it was still adjustable.

i kept all my plans and measurements etc, can could replicate it, pm me if you want and we will sort things out.

Back