engine problems

hello,
recently put a 1995 1.3 in my micra , found out that its mixing coolant a little and burning alot of oil under hard acceleration(blue smoke) but when just pottering around i find the car to be very stuttery like its about to run out of petrol but theres plenty in it? could this be the throttle body perhaps? also is the blue smoke valve stems or piston rings do yous reckon? cheers

Some questions would need to be- what caused a piston ring to fail?
Have you damaged any valves?

I cracked a piston to cause smoke
Stuttering would be the lack on comp on 1 or more cylinders.

i dont know if i have damaged any, how would i know? in hard throttle she drives excellent ,ive only driven it 300 miles since putting it in so it was done it its previous owners ownership , will get a compression test done

You could do a leak down test which would narrow down piston rings or valves but the only ultimate way is to take the head off.
Was it a scrappy engine or rebuilt?
She will drive Ok under full throttle as the momentum of the other pistons will compensate for the lack of compression.

Before anything else you need to comp test her

bought the car and it had full exhaust on with silencers and cats , mine has 1 cat left, so it was hardly noticeable and its only started to do this latley . i will try get a compression test done on her soon

Back