Engine Noise

Hi all
We have just bought a 2019 Micra Tenka IG-T 100 after moving from a 1.6 Juke (2011) and we are just trying to work out if the engine is sounding right. It sounds a little like a diesel with a slight knocking when accelerating and a rattle. The car drives perfectly fine with no issues or loss of power it's just that we have no experience with these new 1lt turbo engines and don't know if this is a characteristic of this type of engine or an issue. Thanks

Hi all
We have just bought a 2019 Micra Tenka IG-T 100 after moving from a 1.6 Juke (2011) and we are just trying to work out if the engine is sounding right. It sounds a little like a diesel with a slight knocking when accelerating and a rattle. The car drives perfectly fine with no issues or loss of power it's just that we have no experience with these new 1lt turbo engines and don't know if this is a characteristic of this type of engine or an issue. Thanks
Hiya
I have also just purchased a 2019 Micra N Sport. Its the 1.0 Turbo engine also.. From what you are describing, I don’t think it should sound like that. Mine deffo sounds like its a 3 cylinder, but no rattles or anything of that nature. I would most probs just get it checked over for peace of mind.
Regards

Hi all
Did you get this noise sorted in the end, What was it?
A noise would be very difficult to nail without hearing it,
Could be anything Camshaft, Pinking.. who knows?

Back