Engine noise (rattling)

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
I'm in the process of looking at a micra k11, everything is fine, just one thing with the engine, it's got noises with rattling and I'm wondering if it's a huge problem? There's no power issues with the engine so I'm thinking if it's a deal breaker?

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
Yes, although it would be a month till I can buy it...! By that time you might have interests already, and I'm just looking around anyway, seeing what I should look out/watch out for etc...!

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
I am serious, can you PM me or something? I'm new to this forum and don't know how to PM... :s

Thing is I'm searching to see if that micra I just saw is worth it because of the scratched exterior plus some broken body kit...

And I am happier to see that I am dealing with enthusists that are knowledgeable instead of another used car...

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Grev WROTE:

"I'm in the process of looking at a micra k11, everything is fine, just one thing with the engine, it's got noises with rattling and I'm wondering if it's a huge problem? There's no power issues with the engine so I'm thinking if it's a deal breaker?

To be honest if your asking such a question then i dont think its worth it. Why?
1. An average micra is about $1500 with minor problems, $2000 can get you a decent one which you can just drive away nothing to fix for agest.
2. Assume worse case scenario. Lets say you pick up the car for cheap. ie. $500. Engine decided to go bang few week down the track what then. 2nd hand engine is about $150 if you pull it yourself from a junk yard last time i saw. OR wrecker already pull out and warranty for $500. Installation cost? mechanic would charged you $750 for labour plus $250 for other parts ie. oil. Thats $2000 on the car already. Might as well spent the money get a decent well look after car from the start.
However if the micra is your passion and hobby just like most of us here AND its this car is not your sole and only mean of transport then get it as micra are very easy to work with. Parts are cheap, engine is reliable. Its a good learning curve if you have alot of time to spare.

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
Nissan reckons that the timing chain will outlast the life of the engine. (more than likely the rattle noise).
But it prob would be a deal breaker for me, as it sounds a bit tired..
Bluey is a steal for the price, snap that up

Back