engine flush?

i would go for a gentle method,but that doesnt answer your question
theirs products out their but wait for advice here first

i am trying a gentle flush with some wilko oil ,,you know the pic?
few hundred miles and drained a litre and a half,then topped up with the spare left over from before fora few more miles
filter change is good each time you do change oil

I personally use forte advance formula motor flush, I believe it to be the best in the market but thats just my opinion. You just add it to the the engine and run it for 30-45 minutes at idle before changing the oil and filter, its meant to be for the trade only so you can't get it from parts suppliers but I've seen it on ebay. Should be round about a tenner.

Thought you just added Forte to a tank full and run it through?

That would help the injectors perhaps. I think he was referring to an oil flush that you add to the oil to help dissolve some of the internal crud prior to an oil change. I've heard that it's not a great idea unless you know the engine's really crudded up inside. 5,000 mile oil changes are what really keep an engine clean and healthy :grinning:.

That would help the injectors perhaps. I think he was referring to an oil flush that you add to the oil to help dissolve some of the internal crud prior to an oil change. I've heard that it's not a great idea unless you know the engine's really crudded up inside. 5,000 mile oil changes are what really keep an engine clean and healthy :grinning:.

Yeah you get different system flushes, the one you add to the tank flushes the fuel system (forte gas treatment) but the motor flush is for the block itself. I do agree with 6.5x55 with cheaper flushes as they have no lubricating properties but the forte stuff does. Just wanna point out at this point I'm not a sales rep for forte

Back