engine conversion

hi guys just a quick question for a rough idea. anyone know a roundabout time it would take to replace a 1.0 engine? obv gotta take old one out n put new 1 in but are there any troubles that are likely to make it take ages? and how long will it roughly take? iv done an engine conversion befor but it was a starlet turbo lump in a yaris so a lil bit diff. iv got a decent knowledge of engines n that so anyone like to give me a rough idea? cheers in advance lol

hi yaris, i always remove the bumper, lower the g/box down, then lift the engine over the lower cross member
you will probably have it done in 1/2 a day :)

hi frank, i gather your the man to talk to regarding engine work.
i have been looking into the options of an engine swap. i have a 1.0l 1995 cg10, and want to uprate to a 1.3l, i need to find out for certain what needs to change. eg gearbox, loom, ecu? i have searched on the site, but have had mixed answers. any advice etc. cheers.

hi frank, i gather your the man to talk to regarding engine work.
i have been looking into the options of an engine swap. i have a 1.0l 1995 cg10, and want to uprate to a 1.3l, i need to find out for certain what needs to change. eg gearbox, loom, ecu? i have searched on the site, but have had mixed answers. any advice etc. cheers.

no, i changed just the engine oli, and kept the 1.0 flywheel, clutch, g/box, shafts, ecu everything :)

nice one mate, cheers. i think that is what i will be able to do, as my micra is most basic. i will let you know when i make a start on it, but hopefully it should go okay (fingers crossed) looking out for a decent block at the moment...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it is on topic. lol.

Back