Engine Conversion

djlee_dj

Ex. Club Member
well guys , im not sure if yous remember me .....

i owned a wee white micra, but abrutly left when i bought my new BMW coupe.

anyway, Rear wheel steer is all well and good, but burning 18" tyres at nearly every corner isnt.

anyways i want a project car and im sick of seeing corsa/novas with 2litres etc.

i want to do a micra.

which one i dont know, im thinking a 1600 primera engine ..... i think i remember reading before the 2litres need the crossmember moved forward 2" etc etc.

id rather have something that basically fits straight in.

anyone offer any advice ?

so i need a micra, a pimera engine/box/ecu. and abit of time. what problems do ppl come across .... and who all has done thin conversion now ?

i want the one for sale at the minute and have a company to go to mainland and get it for me. just incase it falls through.

i remember you dude

msc old school lol

kristian is currently finishing a 2.0 conversion that was started by raceworx who ran out of cash etc. read his thread all the way through - damn interesting read. also read batch's 2.0 thread in K10 general.

Welcome back man, I remeber your white micra, was nice!

As for your idea, not really anything thats gonna be a bolt on job, I'm finishing up work on a 1.6 with a mate, he bought the shell with all the mounts made and modded off Rik. The 2L being done will be good but are a lot of work, the 1.6 would be easier if you can get the welding working done right.

Good luck anyway!

i seem to be the only intrested party in the 1.6.

any1 know what power it is ?

what mounts did yous guys use ?

also will i be able to drop a 2.0l in the 1.6 ? using the current mounts etc ?

either going to get manifold, airfilter, chipped/remapped maybe cams etc. OR starp a turbo on

cant wait to get it. Nex hasnt been on yet tho :(

yous guys new i would be back one day ;)

my wee bro still driving the micra btw , i may also buy it off him and transfer parts - whichever way is easiest and get it resprayed white if needbe

theres a guy on sxoc.com (dunno if hes on here) got an sr20det engine in his k11, seen a vid of it running against some kinda imprezzzzza and its so amazing watching it waste it when it gets traction. dunno hwo much work is needed and guess it would need to be pulsar sr20 rather than sx sr20. just a thought

yes thats dave bull, he's on here under the aliase of "nismo_Almera". It was an almera GTi SR20 with a turbo, so its an SR20DE+T :)

the 1.6 is about 102 Bhp, the engine is a pretty good fit for a micra and gives a very nice power output at the wheels. it handles as well as a normal micra except the back end does tend to slip if you REALLY push it, cos there is all that extra weight in the front of the car and none in the back...

the only modification needed for the 1.6 engine is the chassis leg and one of the mounts, this is easier than modding all the mounts and having the engine more central. of course you will need custom drive shafts too.

the main problem is the water pump. it is the first thing that will hit the chassis leg on a hard corner.

a strut brace is recommended. also the loom is alot easier to fit if you go for an all out primera loom rather than splicing the primera loom with the micra one. if you splice the looms then you get problems with idle where the Micra loom has no support for the idle control and automatic choke on the throttle body.

it is best also to have 15" rims minimum because with the extra power you get alot of wheel spin, mine spun in third gear with new tires and two people in the car! this will also even up the speedo which gets knocked out slighly.

you will need a custom mid section for your exhaust which will need a cat or it won't go through the MOT. but if you have the cash i recommend going for a full custom manifold.

remember to sorce an ECU WITHOUT Nats or you won't get anywhere, and don't bother trying to use the stock micra ecu cos unless you know what you are doing it is just extra hassle...

^How much would that total Nex. Say excluding labour. I'm interested too but not willing to part with more than 6k.

Gurpreet said:
^How much would that total Nex. Say excluding labour. I'm interested too but not willing to part with more than 6k.

lol you'll easily do it for 6k,

or you could buy mine for £200 ;)

The owner of that 1.6 did it for around £1000 inc the engine

If you can weld structurally or get it done cheap then thats were you save money!

yea i was gonna say, its probably around £1000 ~ £2000 depending on the quality of work :)

Ye, you take standard shafts, cut them down to size and have professionally welded and balanced, might be able to use some otehr shafts but no idea what ones.

Its a shame I dont know any Micra Mad people in London... I'd be more than happy to upgrade to a 1.6 with £1000

but Id like to sell the old engine as it is mint

and mines is NCVT so dunno if itd work... think it is a 4 speed auto.

Gurpreet said:
Its a shame I dont know any Micra Mad people in London... I'd be more than happy to upgrade to a 1.6 with £1000

but Id like to sell the old engine as it is mint

and mines is NCVT so dunno if itd work... think it is a 4 speed auto.

what size engine is yours?

in theory you could fit the 1.6 to your car and keep the original gear box but you would be putting alot of strain on it. better to go manual gear box...

you could buy my car and get it road worthy for a grand and have money left over for modding :D

NeX its a wee 1.0l, 998cc... I nae think itd work if it means strain on the gbox... ahh love my autos... dont wana go manual... for now anyway... what dya reckon?

Gurpreet said:
NeX its a wee 1.0l, 998cc... I nae think itd work if it means strain on the gbox... ahh love my autos... dont wana go manual... for now anyway... what dya reckon?

lol yea ok maybe the auto box won't hack it :) maybe you can get a primera auto and use the box from that...

i personally hate automatic boxes, they take the fun out of driving lol,

Wrenchable said:
Nex i would love to take you up on that offer but i have no money till mid december!

well something tells me it is not going anywhere soon lol, i'll hold the car for a while if you like...

NeX said:
lol yea ok maybe the auto box won't hack it :) maybe you can get a primera auto and use the box from that...

i personally hate automatic boxes, they take the fun out of driving lol,

well something tells me it is not going anywhere soon lol, i'll hold the car for a while if you like...

Few road test ive been out in auto micras, they have a pretty quick gear change! Almost as quick as mine!

Back