engine bits for k10?

(Y) (Y) hi, can anybody give me a list of modifications there are for the k10 eg exhaust systems, camshaft, carbs etc.
could you give me a number or numbers to contact people on these bits

thanks alot (Y) scott

off the shelf there arent really any

if you contact piper they will do you a cam set, normally involves sending them your cam and they reprofile

exhausts's other than universal back boxes it would have to be custom made.

carbs there are numrous options but again either an adaptor plate or custom inlet manifold is needed

As paul said, nothing really off the shelf. Only backbox I've seen so far which is for sale is a Remus backbox.
You can find it on their website here: http://www.remus.at/php/index.php?cmd=cmdFrontendProducts&iProductMotor=115630

But that one is only for facelift models (from 88 upwards) with the flange on the exhaust intead of the 'slide-in system thingy'.

the flange is only present on the 1.2 k10's with a catalylic convertor from what i have seen namely the super s and late model 1.2 with the ecc system

all other k10's have sleve style exhaust joins im pretty sure remus do a backbox for both types but dont quote me on that.

you can get a complete custome system made up from around £200-300 and thats by far the best option. but never ever got powerflow for one ;)

They used to do backboxes for both systems. But the one with the sleeve style thing is hard to get. At least when I phoned around here in Holland they said they couldn't get it. Doesn't seem to be in their database anymore too.

That site is kinda nice though. Still some 'performance parts' there. Forgot all about the brake discs and pads :p Also lowering springs which could be obtained not too expensive.
Around here a set of lowering springs (35mm front ánd back) cost like 75 euro's (something around 50 pounds?). Dunno if that's the same in UK though.

But other than that I guess custom made is the way to go. Custom inlet, custom outlet and exhaust system too.
Could try it yourself if you a spare manifold lying around and know a good alu welder :p
I'm fiddling again with that stuff at the moment. Trying to come up with a nice inlet manifold and a semi-homemade exhaust manifold. Tricky buisness though :) And god knows if it's ever going to work :D

(Y) (Y) hi, can anybody give me a list of modifications there are for the k10 eg exhaust systems, camshaft, carbs etc.
could you give me a number or numbers to contact people on these bits

thanks alot (Y) scott

full exhaust system ie 4/2/1 or 4/1 manifold through to backbox tony law of leeds make them 01132 715422 around £350+vat
weber do a carb convertion 34 ich £100 see this man on ebay eurocarb_ltd.
piper cams do a fast road camshaft http://www.pipercams.co.uk/ £120

Back