electronic dizzy questions

Hi all.

I have pre facelift k10 with cg13

Iam using the preface ballasted coil and resistor

Iam also using a facelift k10 electronic dizzy.

My questions are:-

1. Should I be using a different coil? Ballasted non bllasted!?

2. Is there a rev limiter built into the dizzy? If so at what rpm does it cut revs?

Thanks
Kev

Anyone got any idea on rev limiter?

It changes tone high up in the revs and then it feels like it hits a limiter! I guess it could be valve bounce or something else mechanical.

I usually change gear as the power drops away. The power drops away as the engine tone changes.

I want to finish building the HC engine and then get cams and headwork :D

Rev limiter does not exist on the k10, you can rev em till they blow up if you like. You should be using the electronic type coil for the k10 ecc dizzy (the one with the crank angle sensor built in to it), The reluctor version and the points version both use the regular old type coils.
If you are using a ecu set up then the limiter is programmed into that. If you're using a carb set up then you've probably just hit the max limit of that set-up, i.e. the carb or manifold can't get engough fuel & air into the engine to build the revs any higher, or some other restriction like exhaust manifold or whatever. It depends on what set-up you're running there.

Thanks fella. Ill stick with the coil I have for now.

Iam gonna fit a rev limiter for safety :)

And then see what the rolling road chap says :)

Why would you need a rev limiter? Just don't rev the balls off it, simples.
They run out of steam by the time they get to the red-line (6k) anyway. If you don't have a rev-counter then 90-95mph in 4th would be red-lining. 62mph in 4th is 3100 rpm or same speed in 5th is 2200rpm. And unless you've done some tuning or are going down a steep hill, you won't reach the red line in 5th :laugh:

Why would you need a rev limiter? Just don't rev the balls off it, simples.
They run out of steam by the time they get to the red-line (6k) anyway. If you don't have a rev-counter then 90-95mph in 4th would be red-lining. 62mph in 4th is 3100 rpm or same speed in 5th is 2200rpm. And unless you've done some tuning or are going down a steep hill, you won't reach the red line in 5th :laugh:

i doubt if his CG13 with quad carbs runs out of steam at 6k fwn

Back