Dizzy advice

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Alright peeps

The dizzy in Ems's k10 broke last night, leaving us standed on the A34 for over an hour! nice.. Anyway, i've just changed it for another one and everything's running fine apart from :

A) There's a small metal ring that goes on the tip of the dizzy which was bent on the car i took it off. It should be a cylinder shape but it isnt. I didnt want it coming off or getting lost inside the car, is it important this bit stays on the dizzy,and what purpose does it serve?

B) The car is now clicking at high revs from the dizzy area. Its not a constant tick, its like something's spinning and it does it every 0.5 / 0.75 of a second. Any advice on what that could be?

Im soon to be doing a 5 mile drive to pick Ems up from work and i dont want it cutting out or breaking on the way there!

Cheers
Arnold

sorry :p its a the anti chatter sleve that goes on the tip of the dissy, stops it from making the clicking noise rimmer is getting :D he called me must have been 2 mins aftre he posted this... bless!

the vacuum capsule is the round dome type thing on top of the dissy mate it will have a small vacuum pipe going it :)

ok cheers, but if that's nackered, what effects will it have? performance / relibility? etc. and can that be changed on its own or would the whole dizzy need replacing again.

i think il get that small metal bit first and see if the clicking stops.

cheers

you can test the vaccum mate if you check in your haynes there is a quick guide how to do it or give me a bell and ill tell you how to do it mate, but as youve told me the chatter sleve is missing its bound to be that

That small metal bit wont stop clicking, infact most of my micras I had didn't even have it.

This is simple stuff really if you know the dist. remove the cover, and youll see a rotating magnet inside with a pickup around the edge, the pickup is moved by the actuator. there should be no play in this at all. Often here is a little bit, but if there is alot it idealy needs changing.

Back