Electrics explanation

Titch

Micra K11ng
Hi.

Right, unfortunally last night i was in a bit of an accident, and now trying to work out what all the damage is/could be.

Before it happened, all of my dials on the dash went i.e Speedo, Fuel and temp sensor. None of them were working but the dash lights were still on.

Then when we got it back to the garage, i had to put keys in ignition so we could push it into the space so i need the steering lock off. Now when i did this i took it to acc on. None fo the dash came on, but my Apexi fired up and i heard the Fuel pump working.

Anyone any ideas what else may be damaged to cause these problems?
Titch :(

i know this might not help, but when i had my crash the dials died but the digital milometre didnt, the next day when we went to take the stereo out etc i wanted to check the milage and the dials where completly dead... dont know if this helps

just a quick observation might be nothing, but theres an earth lead down near the gearbox isnt there? maybes if it snagged could have popped fuses but left the safc depending on how its wired???

ok the earth cable on most car goes from the battery to the chassis and then on to the gearbox, if the cable comes dettached from the gearbox and its still attached on the chassis some electrics will still work and some will not eg dash lights etc

to test if it is this you can do what chie had and wire a bit of amp cable from the exhaust manifold to the negative battery terminal and it should fix all the dash problems

Hope this helps

Cheers fordy - yea i think that could be the case.

I knew the speed sensor was gone as that got tied round the driveshafy and i culd see the plug when the car got lifted.
But was worried about the rest as they never came on - must just be the ground. Hopefully anyway...

Back