Big Electrics Problem

all lights were working on my k10 until i put a new radio in the car, the only lights that work now are the headlights and indigators and the reversing lights, all the other lights ( sidelights,interior light,dash lights, rear brake lights ) arent working atal and have no clue whats going on and i dont know if its just a fuse or what but i have no manual to tell me where the fuse is located for these lights, just the headlight. so any help with this situation would be very helpfull at this stage as i dont know whats going on.

What year is your k10?
The cd players typically hook into your sidelights so they light up when the lights are on. They also normally run on the same fuse as your cig lighter and your interior light.
As to why your rear brakes lights have is a mystery. Possibly caught the wiring for switch on the pedal?

she's a 1991, the tape player that was in it lit up anyway without switching sidelights on so dont know if that's the problem and the new one is the same, it has its own light without switching my sidelights on. Hardly know where the fuses are for the back lights?

One thing i noticed when putting in a new radio was i needed more wires than the original had , so could it be possible you have disconnected an earth ? There may be more than one earth for all those lights ? If not you should still check some earth wires , a car 22 years old may need a little TLC here and there :p

Fusebox wiring guide
20130613_110142_zps9d16356c.jpg

Headlight and dim dip wiring guide
20130613_110201_zps5dc7e22a.jpg

Brake and rear lighting
20130613_110207_zps1a22023a.jpg

Indicator wiring loom
20130613_110218_zps4127a82b.jpg

wired it myself because there's no ISO connection on the car so done it wire by wire :p I had a look st the diagram and its the fuse that's gone so thanks for your help with the diagrams :) ah its grand I have two ordered and there only 3euro each so its grand thanks :)

Nah there not. Plenty being broken on ebay. There's also a pair on mine that are being sold.
Check the buy and sell bit

Back