Electric problem

Hi, i have a 94, 1.0 16v Nissan Micra. A few weeks ago he started to have some electric problems. First the alarm would fire without any reason, after that sometimes when i started the engine the radio wouldn't work and also the wipers. If i stoped the engine and start it up again the radio and wipers would start to work again.Yesterday the air blower stopped working except in the last setting.

Does someone make any sense of this?

Thanks.

the earths are located all over the car, if you want to earth something then all you need to do is make sure the earth lead is securely connected to either the car body - making sure the contact is metal to metal, or to the negative on the battery, as for the blower problem, it's a regular occurence on the Micra, it's due to the resistor card going faulty, it always works on speed 4 only, all you need do is replace that and the blower will work on all speeds again.

Thanks, the problem with the blower, the resistor is inside the "box" that has the blower control, heater and air position right?

Tomorrow i'm going to take it a part. I got the central console out, but didn't disconnect the cable that controls the air position. I found 3 earth points near the fusebox, and other 3 under the hood, i am missing several?

The resistor card is under the dash behind the glove box, you unplug it, remove the two screws retaining it and pull it out, it is a credit card sized card, the whole unit needs replacing.

the blower card is in the passenger footwell under the dash (credit card size), so no need to take apart the centre console :)

theres earth points (i think) at

behind each front kick panel...
one at rear lights (drivers side)...
3 or 4 on the engine itself...
1 earth just in front of drivers side engine mount...
1 earth under the battery tray...
1 behind the overflow bottle (pass side)...
theres a gearbox earth passanger side sits low down (look past battery tray at back)...

theres probably others aswell but thats all i can rememeber at the moments :) best bet if your planning on doing alot on the car is to get yourself a haynes.

Instead of starting a whole new thread, anyone know if it's the resistor card causing troubles on my 1.3 GX? The card went on my 1.0 LX and like you say, the blower worked only on setting 4 but on my GX the only one which doesn't work is setting 1.

it will be the same thing, sometimes you lose the speeds one by one, most of the time it's all at once except speed four.

The resistor card is under the dash behind the glove box, you unplug it, remove the two screws retaining it and pull it out, it is a credit card sized card, the whole unit needs replacing.

Does it have a plastic box around it or just circuits showing?

Thanks a lot to everyone so far(Y)

Another question, i have the factory radio (that used to come with the car here in Portugal), it has 4 screws, is it usual to be really stuck, i can bend the plastic of the console and they won't move, just with the strength i'm doing on the screw (yes i'm turning to the right side).

Does it have a plastic box around it or just circuits showing?

if you get your head in the passenger footwell and look up at the bottom of the dash you will see it, it has an electrical connector and two screws to undo.

EDIT are you left hand drive in portugal though ? if so it might be in a totally different place, sorry, but chances are that everything will just be the opposite place to right hand drives we have here.

if you get your head in the passenger footwell and look up at the bottom of the dash you will see it, it has an electrical connector and two screws to undo.

EDIT are you left hand drive in portugal though ? if so it might be in a totally different place, sorry, but chances are that everything will just be the opposite place to right hand drives we have here.

I looked, under the glovebox (i hope it was there), and didn't find anything, would it be a big inconvenience to take a picture of it? it would be a great help.

Thanks (Y)

theres a picture of it here with the connector plug unattached,
resistor card.JPG
This picture is taken in the passenger footwell up at the underside of the dash the card has four contacts on it and is secured with two screws, it is behind the blower motor, remember though, if you have a left hand drive car then the photo will probably be reversed, if you join the club as a full paying member there are a lot of very useful guides you will have access to, including one on this very subject.

theres a picture of it here with the connector plug unattached,
View attachment 7866
This picture is taken in the passenger footwell up at the underside of the dash the card has four contacts on it and is secured with two screws, it is behind the blower motor, remember though, if you have a left hand drive car then the photo will probably be reversed, if you join the club as a full paying member there are a lot of very useful guides you will have access to, including one on this very subject.

Thanks a lot! I didn't know there was paying members. I will look into that.
That comes of? I must have spent 20minutes looking at it :down:

Thanks again!

Back